Games I've recently completed

dont_do_it_doug.

Question...

When you lot say that you have completed/finished a game do you mean with 100% trophies/achievements ie you've platinumed it? Or do you mean you've finished the story mode? Personally I wouldn't say that I had finished a game until I had unlocked 100% trophies.

I don't think I've ever completed a game with 100% trophies or achievements.

Mostly because I rarely play multiplayer online apart from FIFA so for most games it's impossible to complete it 100% without that.

For me, I buy most games for the storyline/single player mode. Once I've completed that then for me it's completed. Any extras are exactly that, extra.

I do like to complete it on the hardest setting though

Dragon Age Origins.

**** awesome, one of the best games I've ever played. If not the best.

Don't intend to touch DA2 though, the demo felt clunky and at any rate the Blight has been defeated and hence story finished as far as I'm concerned so I have no desire to play a sequel.

Dragon Age Origins.

**** awesome, one of the best games I've ever played. If not the best.

Don't intend to touch DA2 though, the demo felt clunky and at any rate the Blight has been defeated and hence story finished as far as I'm concerned so I have no desire to play a sequel.

Good man. The sequel is garbage and not a patch on the original. The Awakenings for Origins is worth a playthrough though.

Question...

When you lot say that you have completed/finished a game do you mean with 100% trophies/achievements ie you've platinumed it? Or do you mean you've finished the story mode? Personally I wouldn't say that I had finished a game until I had unlocked 100% trophies.

They've seen the end credits roll and played out the story if there is one.

I've only ever bothered to "100%" two games that I can think of which are FFXIII and, bizarrely, Shadowman on the Dreamcast. I tend to move onto something else before I reach that point these days.

• 2 weeks later...
Bioshock is fantastic. One of my Five favourite games of ever. Definitely warrants a play through.

I'm currently playing through it again in preparation for Bioshock 2.

Just bought Bioshock (the original), really looking forward to it now!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. A great game marred but some awful boss encounters that are completely at odds with the design of the rest of the game. It was no surprise to discover they were outsourced to another company.

• 2 weeks later...

GTA4. Really liked it, but the reason it took so **** long is I kept getting pissed off at the really long missions (where I'd do a hard bit, then have to do another hard bit, then die on third and final hard bit and have to do the first two all over again from the **** beginning) and putting the game down for months at a time.

Good fun in the end though.

GTA4. Really liked it, but the reason it took so **** long is I kept getting pissed off at the really long missions (where I'd do a hard bit, then have to do another hard bit, then die on third and final hard bit and have to do the first two all over again from the **** beginning) and putting the game down for months at a time.

Good fun in the end though.

**** game is dammmned hard.

God of War 3. One of the best games I've played for a while. A design masterclass.

Thank you for reminding me I bought this about 2 month ago because I'd completely forgot. It's still in its shrink wrap somewhere. Must start playing that.

God of War 3. One of the best games I've played for a while. A design masterclass.
:(

I haven't got a PS3, and when I was deciding between a 360/PS3 this game nearly swayed it for me, but in the end I went for the 360.

I played through God Of War 1 again a few months back and it's still a great game, I've been meaning to play through the 2nd one again too, probably get onto that in the next week or so.

I've been watching a GoW3 (God, not Gears) playthrough and it seems like they've taken out a lot of puzzles compared to the first two.

It's an absolute gem of a game tbh, and it shows how effective a really well designed and thought out boss battle can be. Other games ***cough Deus Ex cough*** might want to take some of their ideas on board.

Resident Evil 4 HD. Was an enjoyable trip down memory lane.

Another boss battle masterpiece. I seem to remember the creature on the lake being a particular favourite.

On topic, I finished Deus Ex last night. A flawed game, but a very, very good one at that. One of the best and most fitting soundtracks I've heard for a bit too.

Â