Games I've recently completed

dont_do_it_doug.

On topic, I finished Deus Ex last night. A flawed game, but a very, very good one at that. One of the best and most fitting soundtracks I've heard for a bit too.

Catapulted into one of my favourite games ever, absolutely loved it. Yeah, the bosses were a bit pants (though very quickly bypassable with a couple rounds from the Typhoon 8)) but better a game that's brilliant everywhere save for a few shite boss battles as opposed to a game that's shite everywhere save for a few brilliant boss battles.

I've been picking my way through one of those Sega Classics Collections of late. It's an almost cathartic experience for me, as I didn't own a console until the PSX and always had to watch on wistfully at my friends' houses as they played their Master Systems and Mega Drives.

Finished Shinobi III last week, I can't get over just how good a game it was. At times infuriating, in that wonderful way that games used to be (really can't imagine I'd have been able to complete it in it's original format without that save function :D) but there was just so much to it. I should have probably found some instructions online or something, as I didn't even realise you could execute a mid-air flying kick until about level 3. :oops:

A week prior I'd completed the first Sonic (again, the first time in my life I'd actually had a decent session on it), I'm just mulling over what to play next. Probably gonna give Comix Zone a go, though I'm open to suggestions. The options are:

• •Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    •Altered Beast
    •Beyond Oasis
    •Bonanza Bros.
    •Columns
    •Comix Zone
    •Decap Attack
    •Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    •Dynamite Headdy
    •Ecco: The Tides of Time
    •ESWAT: City Under Siege
    •Fatal Labyrinth
    •Flicky
    •Gain Ground
    •Golden Axe
    •Golden Axe II
    •Golden Axe III
    •Kid Chameleon
    •Phantasy Star II
    •Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    •Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    •Ristar
    •Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention
    •Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
    •Shining in the Darkness
    •Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    •Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    •Sonic & Knuckles
    •Sonic 3D Blast
    •Sonic Spinball
    •Streets of Rage 3
    •Super Thunder Blade
    •Vectorman
    •Vectorman 2

Phantasy Star 3.

EPIC.

mass effect 2. sensational

About 27 hours in and not even half way through as I'm planning on doing every side/loyalty mission possible. Totally amazing game, a bit like Star Wars on crack. Voice acting is some of the best I've ever come across but that's no surprise when you look at the cast. I'm currently a level 14 adept playing it straight paragon and loving every minute of it. Can only describe it as an mega epic space opera. The sheer scale of some of the side missions is overwhelming. 10/10 for me. 8)

On topic, I finished Deus Ex last night. A flawed game, but a very, very good one at that. One of the best and most fitting soundtracks I've heard for a bit too.

Catapulted into one of my favourite games ever, absolutely loved it. Yeah, the bosses were a bit pants (though very quickly bypassable with a couple rounds from the Typhoon 8)) but better a game that's brilliant everywhere save for a few shite boss battles as opposed to a game that's shite everywhere save for a few brilliant boss battles.

Goddammit, what if your character doesn't have the Typhoon aug?!

mass effect 2. sensational

About to start, I'm certainly late to the party.

Completed Mass Effect last night. Little too short, but get the impression the sequel is going to put this injustice right.

Yeah I never played the original, and never will, because apparently 2 is far superior. But I guarantee you are going to love it. Probably the best Xbox360 game I've ever played (but I'm certain MGS HD collection is going to change that! :D )

Mine didn't and I still pissed the bosses (particularly the last one...)

Yeah, it's not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination. The Typhoon just makes it near-instant. On reflection, you probably get way too much ammo for it during the course of the game.

Yeah, it's not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination. The Typhoon just makes it near-instant. On reflection, you probably get way too much ammo for it during the course of the game.

Well, I'm stuck at the fight with Namir and I keep getting whacked :?

Explosives are the way to go. Don't know how you could get so far into the game without wanting to get the Typhoon though; It's a spinally-implanted grenade launcher for God's sake, it's **** awesome! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Completed Gemini Rue today.

If you've never heard of it, it's an independent Sci-Fi point 'n' click adventure game that looks like its been ripped straight out of the Amiga era. Great game even if the writing is a bit weak.

Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art.jpg

Pure awesomeness. Enjoyed it more than Skyrim, playing through my second playthrough right now.

Already, I think it has supplanted Mass Effect 2 at the top of my all-time favourites list.

Played through Gears 2 during the holidays with a mate. We did it in one sitting, finished at 4 in the morning. Don't get the chance to do that much anymore these days.

As usual I'm way behind on video games!

Arkham City (with Catwoman DLC) I really enjoyed it but I do prefer Arkham Asylum. The boss battles are a lot better in the latter but Arkham City wins the prize for the setting - The scenery is amazing in the game.

I have recently completed Arkham City (with Catwoman DLC) too and thought it was great. I love the dark atmosphere of it and excellent voice acting especially by Mark Hamill. Give that man an oscar.

I have also recently completed LA Noire, its only okay. I like games that try to bring something new and innovative but I'm not sure LA noire really worked.

Â