The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was actually at this one

Ekdt_gHWAAsmTrn?format=jpg&name=medium

Arrogant Sandwiches has reminded me I was in a band called Alternative Vegetables.

Bullshit. Robot Wig had split up by then. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Not heard of Utopia Strong, just gone to have a listen as I love me some Teeth Of The Sea.  Me likey very much, cheers @Xann.

You know it's Steve Davis, yes Steve Davis the Snooker player. Far more interesting as a musician

• Like 1

Inclined to agree it's a long shot, but it is a spaced seating gig.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bugger I'd really like to go to that but no freaking way am I risking it in December and no freaking way will it happen anyway

Aye, it's a shame it's so precarious, it's piece of piss to get to from Tooting Bec. Get drunk and you could walk it in an hour, if you didn't fancy the regular train from Balham or a cab?

The Grand is right opposite Clapham Junction, just cross the road.

5 minutes ago, Xann said:

Inclined to agree it's a long shot, but it is a spaced seating gig.

Aye, it's a shame it's so precarious, it's piece of piss to get to from Tooting Bec. Get drunk and you could walk it in an hour, if you didn't fancy the regular train from Balham or a cab?

The Grand is right opposite Clapham Junction, just cross the road.

Stop tempting me 🤣

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stop tempting me 🤣

Jimmy and Mike from TOTS are mates and friends that know Steve (Massive Ozric Fan) Davis say he's lovely. 

Really hope it works out for them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know it's Steve Davis, yes Steve Davis the Snooker player. Far more interesting as a musician

I did not, but to be honest my interest in snooker goes about as far as that Mitchell & Webb sketch with the commentators.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I did not, but to be honest my interest in snooker goes about as far as that Mitchell & Webb sketch with the commentators.

He was known as Steve "interesting" Davis because he had this supposedly boring personality and he practiced a lot (world snooker champion 6 times in the '80s) and was ranked first in the world for the best part of a decade. But who knew that he was an absolute Prog / Psyche nerd? His record collection is vast and he's a big fan of Magma. He started Djing at prog / psyche type events, sort of unannounced and now has his own band, Utopia Strong who are rather excellent. It's just an odd story and a really wierd career transition.

• Like 1

Very cool!

Similar tangent, I found out some years back that one of my local dentists was in Salt Tank.  Been meaning to switch surgeries ever since, I love all that '90s trance shit.  I'll bet dentistry has paid a lot better though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

"Oh that's a bad miss!" - love those sketches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Pigsx7 gig next Friday in bath inevitably cancelled but sadly one of the venues not rescheduled 🙁🙁🙁

fortunately the Komedia in Bath have been brilliant and called yesterday to arrange the refund. 

Yeah the Birmingham gig in January has now been pushed backed to November 2021. Sucks. Now next gig I think is Enslaved in May 2021 (hopefully). That'll be a whole year without a proper gig :( 

• Sad 2

Â