The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

What was the gig like? 

Lively. They played 9 tracks out of the ten on the latest LP, which is easily their best.

Crowd was a bit boisterous, we moved to the back as if I get pushed over I'm likely to slap someone :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Boris at the Y Theatre in Leicester last night. They were delightful as always :) 

Did you enjoy @hogso

I certainly did! Bagged a couple of LPs too. Shame there was no encore! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hogso said:

I certainly did! Bagged a couple of LPs too. Shame there was no encore! 

Yeah I know! EU got Akuma No Uta and Farewell on top.

Didn’t get any vinyl but got t shirt, the tears EP and Crossing Waltz on CD as they are buggers to get elsewhere! Shame they didn’t accept card otherwise I might have needed to put another mortgage on the house...

When I was young and used to follow the Wedding Present round the country they stopped doing encores as frankly it was bullshit. Pity it didn't extend to calling yourself the name of a band when only one original member is in it. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

When I was young and used to follow the Wedding Present round the country they stopped doing encores as frankly it was bullshit. Pity it didn't extend to calling yourself the name of a band when only one original member is in it. 

Indeed

spacer.png

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah I know! EU got Akuma No Uta and Farewell on top.

Didn’t get any vinyl but got t shirt, the tears EP and Crossing Waltz on CD as they are buggers to get elsewhere! Shame they didn’t accept card otherwise I might have needed to put another mortgage on the house...

Tell me about it. It was the Novembers split and Akuma No Uta tour edition for me. I would have happily hoovered up all the stuff on the table I don't already have, but...

Great show though.

• Like 1

Anyone need/want 2 wonder stuff standing tickets for Birmingham on Saturday? Got some family crap going on and could do without trekking to brum all night if i'm honest. Face value is £34.50 each + fees. Will take £50 for the pair if anyone on here wants them. Digital tickets so can just transfer them directly to your ticketmaster account for you to use. they are playing all of Hup & 8 legged Groove machine plus a few off the new album. Jimbob (carter usm) is supporting

EMV4l8fWwAA01Xc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Watched my nipper busk in Cardiff, jumped in the car, down to Brixton for Woodentops, Ruts, Alabama 3.

And now home.

Very possibly my best gig day ever.... I’ll have a ponder on that, but right up there with the very best.

• Like 2

Went to see Baked a la Ska. Essentially a covers band lead by David Knopoff (a bit of a local legend), a covers band in the style of Madness' "Nutty Ska." The missus picked the gig for a bit of Xmas fun for the three of us. A great night, it was fun, nothing was taken seriously and a few Xmas songs were thrown in. First time I've been to the venue too, the Music Room at the Philharmonic Hall, impressed with that to

Not only did I manage to walk in and find an old mate Smed working the merch but I was stood next to this bloke and his missus who both seemed familiar. I had my suspicions, which turned out to be right... another old mate Gary Wylie (brother of Pete) and his missus, I haven't seen them for almost 30 years. they were having the same conversation as I was internally. Is that...? I broke the ice and well that was that... we chatted for the rest of the gig.

Anyway back to the band, this was introduced as a shit song tha we do very well. Correct on both counts, shit song done very well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

94. And all but Coldplay it's "vaguely heard of the artist bit know none of their songs". I can name 2 Coldplay songs and that's the most of any of them 

I’m actually listening to the latest Coldplay CD right now. I bought it for my missus for Christmas as she doesn’t like music.

It’s perfectly alright.  

Â