The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

25 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Palm Reader?  Utterly pointless factoid for you, but I currently have Andy's old Strymon Big Sky sat on my pedalboard.

Well that really lived up to its billing!

Top man, Andy. Not sure he'll be happy you stole his equipment though.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

I was hoping for them that it would be bottom of the bill for Slipknot. Never mind.

That would be a cracking gig for them! Though they would only end up with 20 minutes at like doors opening, but would still give them some really good exposure. 

Off to watch Killswitch Engage tonight, supported by Revocation and Tenside.

Not really my jam but have to support the local club for managing to sign such a big act to visit my little tinpot town.

Can't say I've heard anything they made after 2006 or so but whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Saw Biffy Clyro at the Digbeth Arena a couple of weeks or so ago. Odd venue especially for a cold damp October evening but as usual they were fantastic. 

Tried to get tickets. Presale went in seconds. 

Just back from seeing the rather excellent “Squeeze” , think that’s the fourth time I’ve seen them but first time at their own gig usually it’s been at festivals

such an under rated band , sound was spot on and some decent guitar solos being knocked out along with a top notch drum sound ...I suspect I’ll be seeing them for a fifth time at some point soon  

heaven 17 as the support were an unexpected bonus , quite decent as well , though as various Facebook friends have pointed out , not the best thing to have come out of Sheffield ( sorry Pulp )

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

heaven 17 as the support were an unexpected bonus , quite decent as well , though as various Facebook friends have pointed out , not the best thing to have come out of Sheffield ( sorry Pulp )

Sheffield has produced some damn fine bands. Cabaret Voltaire, Human League (early incarnations include Marsh and Ware of H17), Clock DVA, Pulp, ABC, Comsat Angels, 65daysofstatic and quite a few Industrial bands I wouldnt expect anyone to have heard of. On the downside there’s the Arctic Monkeys and Def Leppard

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Sheffield has produced some damn fine bands. Cabaret Voltaire, Human League (early incarnations include Marsh and Ware of H17), Clock DVA, Pulp, ABC, Comsat Angels, 65daysofstatic and quite a few Industrial bands I wouldnt expect anyone to have heard of. On the downside there’s the Arctic Monkeys and Def Leppard

This fella isn't too bad either...

spacer.png

• Like 3

Off to see Half Man Half Biscuit (again) tonight at one of my favourite venues (The Robin 2).

Also got Amyl and the Sniffers, Sacred Reich, Dinosaur Pile Up and Torche lined up for the next month or so.

Strong end to the year indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Off to see Half Man Half Biscuit (again) tonight at one of my favourite venues (The Robin 2).

Also got Amyl and the Sniffers, Sacred Reich, Dinosaur Pile Up and Torche lined up for the next month or so.

Excellent reminder - keep meaning to have more of a listen to Amyl and the Sniffers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

We are at the Robin on Saturday for Buckcherry (3rd time), also going to Dinosaur Pile Up, probably see ya there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Jealous of @Designer1 and @rjw63 for the Dinosaur Pile Up gig - expect it will be pretty epic! 

One of my fave albums of the year!

We ordered the tickets one night back in July, me and the wife had had a fair few vodkas.

I told her the date, she said "get 'em". Even when I explained it was 24 hours after we get back from Barbados!!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Jealous of @Designer1 and @rjw63 for the Dinosaur Pile Up gig - expect it will be pretty epic! 

One of my fave albums of the year!

Glad I got my tickets when I did as I believe their entire UK tour sold out in a matter of days.

• Like 1

Buckcherry put on another great value-for-money show at the Robin 2 on saturday.

Missed first band, second band were ok, pre-headliners The Treatment were very good.

By the time Josh and co came on I'd had quite a lot of Shipyard IPA so was pretty merry. Amusingly some hot girl at the bar asked me if I knew where to get any Colombian marching powder. I also fell down the stairs from the bogs trying to slide down the bannisters. Good job I was pished so I didn't feel anything.

• Haha 4

Bit late, but last Saturday I saw The Tallest Man on Earth at the Town Hall. 

It's in my top 3 gigs I've ever been to, he was incredible. I've followed him for a decade and to see him play live was really special. His guitar technique and song writing is unparalleled, he is a genre in his own right. 

Anyone into the lively folk vibe, should definitely give him a listen. 

I am, erm, ahh, off to see Hawkwind day after tomorrow (or whatever's left of them... I assume at this point Hawkwind is like jury duty for session musicians). Full disclosure, I bought the tickets because we never get anything even remotely approaching my ballpark in Basingstoke and I really like that one track off that car advert, and I thought my father-in-law would like to come, turns out he saw them decades ago and wasn't fussed so now my wife is getting dragged to Hawkwind.

It'll be nice to go to a show and sit down for a change though!

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

Â