The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I am 84, 82 at a real stretch.

Was going to say 80, but then realised that’s the wrong line up as I know RATM are playing! 

Here is the correct poster: 

image.thumb.jpeg.3e3be4ce78ac89c212e54ff88cf17ab4.jpeg

And now it’s 83 and I would be sad at that if this wasn’t a god awful lineup!

When the lowest I can go on the bill on any given day before I go Whoooooooo? is 4 and on one day the actual top of the bill is a whoooooo?

Who knows it could be brilliant but I wouldn't be spending huge amounts of wedge on the gamble if I was a festival goer

• Like 1

On 05/01/2020 at 13:34, Seat68 said:

80. Would be 79 but Thom Yorke doesn't ring any bells. 

No, you're thinking of Mike Oldfield.

72 (I think), and probaly own recordings by about 6 or so.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2020 at 13:32, chrisp65 said:

I am 84, 82 at a real stretch.

i would say that's possibly the shittiest line up ever gathered in one place  , but tbf I'm 94 based on the list so I could be doing a disservice to some decent acts 

it might be lower than 94 but at my age i can't read beyond the second line as the text is too small

Edit - just seen the correct line up  ..think I've just aged another 2  years !!

Edited by tonyh29

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

i would say that's possibly the shittiest line up ever gathered in one place  , but tbf I'm 94 based on the list so I could be doing a disservice to some decent acts 

it might be lower than 94 but at my age i can't read beyond the second line as the text is too small

Edit - just seen the correct line up  ..think I've just aged another 2  years !!

Thing is, potentially, with the right conditions one of those could be your new favourite band.

I went to a gig a while back and three or four lines down the billing was some ‘band’ that was a guy with a laptop sampling 1920’s shellac and modern wicki wicki hip hop beats and a guy up front, in a leotard, on a treadmill trying to sing to it. Mesmerising to watch and my new favourite band whilst I was there. They tore the place apart - one of those bands the headline act regrets inviting.

Next morning, absolutely no recollection of either what they were called or any of their tunes.

Similarly, I’ve been to a Craig Charles funk night and at the time really thought he was a giant on the turntables. But I was a few pints in to the evening by then and accept it was a split between his talent and my red stripe consumption.

On 12/01/2020 at 19:38, Davkaus said:

Reliving my teenage angst years and going to watch the Slipknot We Are Not Your Kind tour in a couple of weeks. It's been a good few years since I listened to them, time to catch up. 

Here we go. Pretty hyped for this tonight.

Got to be better than watching the Villa tonight that's for sure!

On 06/01/2020 at 09:17, cyrusr said:

Was going to say 80, but then realised that’s the wrong line up as I know RATM are playing! 

Here is the correct poster: 

image.thumb.jpeg.3e3be4ce78ac89c212e54ff88cf17ab4.jpeg

The genre of this line up is too cool for school.

It's for young, internet muso fashionistas. No surprise the VT regulars aren't keen.

There's some massive international acts there from the East as well as the West.

Looked at a couple of names further down the bill in tiny writing I didn't know. They're scoring tens of millions of hits, but they're alongside Rough Trade favourites that aren't and some blatant crowd pleasers.

Obviously it's not my cup of tea, but there's certainly acts in there I wouldn't turn my nose up at and it's actually a really strong line up for its target market.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xann said:

The genre of this line up is too cool for school.

It's for young, internet muso fashionistas. No surprise the VT regulars aren't keen.

There's some massive international acts there from the East as well as the West.

Looked at a couple of names further down the bill in tiny writing I didn't know. They're scoring tens of millions of hits, but they're alongside Rough Trade favourites that aren't and some blatant crowd pleasers.

Obviously it's not my cup of tea, but there's certainly acts in there I wouldn't turn my nose up at and it's actually a really strong line up for its target market.

I had another version of the same list, but had presumed the moment of interest had passed.

There’s a version that replaces the band name, with the agent. It was essentially the same three or four names right down the bill. I’ll see if I can find it again...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s a version that replaces the band name, with the agent. It was essentially the same three or four names right down the bill. I’ll see if I can find it again...

Historically it's often been like that, especially when bands leave their own territory.

International Talent Booking were the dons a couple of decades ago. They're still around, but not nearly so trendy. http://www.itb.co.uk/roster

They came knocking when the band I worked for were at the height of their pomp. 

We proper got into them for tix :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Twin Temple tomorrow night in Nottingham. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Satanic doo wop is intriguing, its going on after I have finished on this call which I am definitely paying attention to.

Â