The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Is this thread just for music or live entertainment? Only reason I'm asking is myself and the better half went to The Impractical Jokers live at the Barclaycard Arena Friday. Really funny, Q was totally hungover.  Of course its mostly scripted but these guys genuinely play off each other brilliantly. The support act Owen Benjamin was surprisingly good too. He's done a couple of specials on Comedy Central. 

35 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Is this thread just for music or live entertainment? Only reason I'm asking is myself and the better half went to The Impractical Jokers live at the Barclaycard Arena Friday. Really funny, Q was totally hungover.  Of course its mostly scripted but these guys genuinely play off each other brilliantly. The support act Owen Benjamin was surprisingly good too. He's done a couple of specials on Comedy Central. 

My wife and her two mates went too. They loved it and she said  Q was hanging from the night before. 

On 15/01/2017 at 14:08, mjmooney said:

Off to see Tom Russell in Hebden Bridge this evening. 

And most excellent he was too. TR and I are very matey from social media, so I kept getting namechecks and in-jokes from the stage. Probably irritated the rest of the audience a bit. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dubbs said:

my kids love that show and I was going to get tickets for my oldest (aged 12) ... but from the youtube clips I saw it didn't look like the TV show and I wasn't sure it was suitable for him

were there kids in the audience / was it child friendly ?

Edited by tonyh29

Definitely not child friendly mate. This is basically everything Tru TV wouldn't let them do / screen, with the 4 guys taking the piss out of each other and telling stories the rest of the time. As I said I really enjoyed it but can be why it might be to everyone's liking.

• Like 1

well if we're off the proper music, got tickets for the musical 'Hamilton' today

tickets are for March 2018

had to be quick, the week we knew we could go was sold out a few minutes after being released

you can bet I'll be giving up my ticket to someone else at some point in the next 14 months, not really my thing

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

well if we're off the proper music, got tickets for the musical 'Hamilton' today

tickets are for March 2018

had to be quick, the week we knew we could go was sold out a few minutes after being released

you can bet I'll be giving up my ticket to someone else at some point in the next 14 months, not really my thing

A musical about Neil and Christine ... sounds right up your street :) 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

A musical about Neil and Christine ... sounds right up your street :) 

Ah I can see it now, 90 minutes of a big wet farting singing vagina up on the stage, plus his shameless money grubbing wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back form Leeds, and having a bit of post gig come down, and a can of cider, after Sabbath. Aston's second finest were amazing this evening. I could have cried when the curtain dropped to the opening riff of Black Sabbath. Just another week till I see them again on home soil!

16387270_10155008328678593_7869530833812

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Just back form Leeds, and having a bit of post gig come down, and a can of cider, after Sabbath. Aston's second finest were amazing this evening. I could have cried when the curtain dropped to the opening riff of Black Sabbath. Just another week till I see them again on home soil!

I know they say that they will do the odd show here and there, I dunno, I just get a feeling that these will be the last ones.... 

Cannot wait though - got Gold Circle for both shows in Brum.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I know they say that they will do the odd show here and there, I dunno, I just get a feeling that these will be the last ones.... 

Cannot wait though - got Gold Circle for both shows in Brum.

Yeah, I think this is it. Ozzy said on stage a couple of times, this really was their last tour. The only way they could get round it, is if they got Bill back for a last show. I've been sayig for years they should play Villa Park as their last gig ever.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I think this is it. Ozzy said on stage a couple of times, this really was their last tour. The only way they could get round it, is if they got Bill back for a last show. I've been sayig for years they should play Villa Park as their last gig ever.

Completely agree - that would be the ultimate homecoming!

It also bug me that they are at the NEC rather than NIA - easier to get to (without having to pay stupidly expensive parking costs!). 

Supposedly Mos Def's last ever London gig tonight as he's supposedly quitting after completing his outstanding commitments. 

It's under his Yasiin Bey moniker, still tix for upstairs at the Forum if you're in town?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

There are many times when I have to hold back the tears for this band. Love them with all my heart. Glad you enjoyed yourself. What night in brum are you at?

Â