The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Looked up the BST 2014 libertines day

It was the libertines, pogues, the view, the rifles, the twang, reverend and the makers, maximo Park, the enemy, I am kloot, spiritualized, Graham Coxon, maximo Park, wolf alice and some others

I was absolutely off my **** tits that day can't remember 90% of it

Every positive hey 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Mrs H was there both nights , I think the delays were down to Tottenham rather than the band , not sure why they couldn’t get the sound to work but they had issues on  both days .

yesterday she and her friend were in the gold circle and had the time of their life , definitely no sound issues there , so not sure if it was isolated parts of the sound system that they had issues with ?

she showed me a video of “slither” and whilst not great Axl’s voice was ok , he struggled with a few notes but not enough that would have me running for the exit .

sound was fine last night apart from his vocals. he mentioned that he was having problems during the gig and there was a lot more filler than when i last saw them. at least 2 or 3 times slash just did an acoustic solo. that can't be helped of course and fair enough for carrying on regardless

for me it was the heavy delay + shorter set that pissed me off which resulted in some big songs getting missed. according to setlist it was the first time november rain and rocket queen hadn't been performed since 2016 and 2014 respectively. you could be mine missed both nights too. i just thought 1.5hrs late is a bit of a piss take

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes I saw that Rolling Stones were due soon.

Adele was perfectly ok for free. It reinforced my opinion that spending £100 to watch any band on a big screen the other end of a field is not the best use of my money.

if you are on the periphery and miles back then yeah £100 seems a waste , 

I’ve done a few of the BST events over the years , We normally get nicely pissed  and  enjoy the whole sorta event , for Roger  Walters the other year they had 2 stages so you could flip between them for the support bands , it does as someone said give it a kind of festival vibe just without Greta lecturing you and the requitement to sleep in a tent .

I’m at Hyde Park Friday for Pearl Jam , that will be a drunken event with a few mates followed by a 4am finish in London somewhere …. I’m back there on Sunday with mates and WAGS for Duran Duran which will be more sedate and probably be more about chilling in the back listening to some music and a bit more mellow ,a social event if you like  

I’ll  enjoy both events even if they will be somewhat different 

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sound was fine last night apart from his vocals. he mentioned that he was having problems during the gig and there was a lot more filler than when i last saw them. at least 2 or 3 times slash just did an acoustic solo. that can't be helped of course and fair enough for carrying on regardless

for me it was the heavy delay + shorter set that pissed me off which resulted in some big songs getting missed. according to setlist it was the first time november rain and rocket queen hadn't been performed since 2016 and 2014 respectively. you could be mine missed both nights too. i just thought 1.5hrs late is a bit of a piss take

I was also there and really disappointed. Obviously Axl can't help his voice going and not being able to hit the high notes, but the hugely reduced set and delay - plus the fact that he sounded pretty awful after the first few songs and by the end could barely sing at all - left me feeling like I deserved some sort of refund. No idea if it's possible though.

I'd be very surprised if the delays weren't due to making the decision about whether to proceed with the show or not. I like that he said he wanted to carry on because the show was very important to them - maybe true, but I'm sure so is the £££!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I was also there and really disappointed. Obviously Axl can't help his voice going and not being able to hit the high notes, but the hugely reduced set and delay - plus the fact that he sounded pretty awful after the first few songs and by the end could barely sing at all - left me feeling like I deserved some sort of refund. No idea if it's possible though.

I'd be very surprised if the delays weren't due to making the decision about whether to proceed with the show or not. I like that he said he wanted to carry on because the show was very important to them - maybe true, but I'm sure so is the £££!

Maybe should've just got carrie underwood on earlier as she was good!

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Maybe should've just got carrie underwood on earlier as she was good!

She was, but I wasn't expecting to go there to essentially see someone else sing the songs.

Just glad I got to see them on their previous tour pre-Covid, as it was much better then. I grew up listening to them and was so happy to actually get to see that lineup live - would have been devestated if last night was the only time though!

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I think the delays were down to Tottenham rather than the band , not sure why they couldn’t get the sound to work but they had issues on  both days .

That has nothing to do with the venue. The band bring the PA. Well more precisely the promoter hires the PA which is to the bands specification and the band's sound engineer is in charge of that.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

No idea what sort of inducement was offered to you for that , but I’m thinking it would require  at least a threesome with Ana De Armas and Margot Robot along with  a large jar of peanut butter to get me there … and even then I’d have to stipulate crunchy rather than smooth to seal the deal  

A friend of mine is curious as to where one would buy a Margot robot?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

She was, but I wasn't expecting to go there to essentially see someone else sing the songs.

Just glad I got to see them on their previous tour pre-Covid, as it was much better then. I grew up listening to them and was so happy to actually get to see that lineup live - would have been devestated if last night was the only time though!

yeah i went to that too at london stadium. the lads who i was with last night really enjoyed it...so i guess you and i are just comparing last night to 5 years ago

Edited by tomav84

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looked up the BST 2014 libertines day

It was the libertines, pogues, the view, the rifles, the twang, reverend and the makers, maximo Park, the enemy, I am kloot, spiritualized, Graham Coxon, maximo Park, wolf alice and some others

I was absolutely off my **** tits that day can't remember 90% of it

Two sets from Maximo Park??? 😉😂

I have seen Carrie Underwood live, not really a fan but she happened to be singing at the concert (country music) I was at. She had a very very good voice, my wife who dislikes her conceded that she had pipes. Scratching my head how she came to be singing with guns n roses mind. 

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Wet Leg sounding really good at Lytham festival

That was lucky. Was a toss up this weekend if we took the meth wagon up to St Anne's or to a place near Buxton. We chose the latter but glad to have avoided the Lytham traffic. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is that the land adjacent to the windmill?

Yep. Stage area between the lifeboat house and the bogs near the windmill. All of Lytham green, pretty much is festival

• Shocked 1

Â