The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Self announced for Rock Werchter which I'm going to this year. That festival looks amazing. 

It's a brilliant line up this year.

I went a few years back now, and it's brilliantly organised. You get free public transport in Belgium with a festival ticket, the food and drink is all good. Just a really good way to spend a weekend. Enjoy :)

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's a brilliant line up this year.

I went a few years back now, and it's brilliantly organised. You get free public transport in Belgium with a festival ticket, the food and drink is all good. Just a really good way to spend a weekend. Enjoy :)

Thanks buddy! We're staying in one of the cabin things which should be nice, can get away from the craziness if need be. I've only heard good things about it from people who have been so looking forward to it very much :) 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

So you should be - Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Agnes Obel, Lanegan, Bonobo, Foo Fighters etc. etc. Pretty fine line up.

Yup looks like it's going to be a cracker. I'm hoping some cooler smaller bands get announced soon too :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Pity Duke isn't doing the Birmingham gig.

I'll be going regardless.

Well that's stopped me buying a ticket and heading back to brum on a Monday night!

Saw lanegan last year at the institute and he was brilliant.

would definitely go if garwood was supporting but clearly not, so I shall sulk in Devon :(

Going to Bearded Theory festival later this year, on the whole, bleepy music, standard 3pm at Glastonbury 5th stage noodly bollocks, or nostalgic indie. Oh and Madness. This week though they announced The Fall are playing. One of the best bands I have ever seen. Very pleased. 

• Like 2

Just found out Julian Cope is at The Glee Club on Sunday...sold out FFS :(

Oh and "Honey G"..at the Genting Arena? Are there really that many morons???

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Anthrax tonight. First headline tour in 10 years apparently. "Amongst the Living" in full too, which I am very happy at!

Yep, looking forward to it.

Seen them a few times before but haven't seen them with Joey since they toured with Public Enemy years ago.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Will be online next Friday morning hoping to get tickets to nick cave in September!

nearest to me is Bournemouth but can make a weekend of it!

I'm thinking of going to the Moonchseter gig. The time I saw them at the Sage was one of the best gigs I can remember.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Will be online next Friday morning hoping to get tickets to nick cave in September!

nearest to me is Bournemouth but can make a weekend of it!

Gunna try for London but not fancying my chances.

Just bought tickets to see The Cribs at the Birmingham Institue. They're doing a "Mens needs, womans needs, whatever" tour as it's 10 years old. 

• Like 1

Â