Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Topic tidied up a little, can we refrain from having the debate please. By al means say which way you voted and give reason but there are countless topics all over this website where the debate can be had. Just not here Ta

Yes. He's cemented our place in the top 6, next season has to be the one where he proves that he can make the team and squad last the season and improve on all fronts. He needs to improve his record in the transfer window, particularly with regard to the defence which is pants. However from an attacking point of view we can be a joy to watch, so as long as we hang on to Ashley Young and Carew and buy a central defender of some pedigree, I think we'll have a decent season. If I was O'Neill I'd be looking to spend up to £15m to £20m on a new central defender, it's THAT important to us. The full backs are fine, and Davies has shown he's OK next to Laursen, leaving Cuellar and Knight as the back ups.

FFS, what part of don't have the debate in this topic did you obviously misunderstand? :bang::angry: There have been lots of posts deleted not just yours. though yours was the first because you were the one that started the ball rolling commenting on others opinions. Not only that but the post you quoted was deleted at the same time as your other posts - Bicks

Yes. He's cemented our place in the top 6, next season has to be the one where he proves that he can make the team and squad last the season and improve on all fronts. He needs to improve his record in the transfer window, particularly with regard to the defence which is pants. However from an attacking point of view we can be a joy to watch, so as long as we hang on to Ashley Young and Carew and buy a central defender of some pedigree, I think we'll have a decent season. If I was O'Neill I'd be looking to spend up to £15m to £20m on a new central defender, it's THAT important to us. The full backs are fine, and Davies has shown he's OK next to Laursen, leaving Cuellar and Knight as the back ups.

I`m with Risso on this- commanding central defender required and dare I say a new keeper?

I voted yes as i want to see stability at the club.

Didn`t want MON initially as the guy irritates me no end but I am prepared to see where he is at after 5 years.

Moyes has had 7 years with Everton ... during that time he has gotten them to the heady heights of 4th, and then nearly got them relegated the next season ...

MON is in a far better position that Moyes ever was at Everton ... give him time and he will do much better with Villa than Moyes has with Everton.

I'm too busy trying to puzzle out the difference between "it depends" and "undecided" to vote.

But if I did vote, it would be yes.

It depends means "I think he should stay as manager so long as he (for example) plays players in their proper positions and stops playing midfielders at right back"

Undecided means just that. You're not sure either way.

Yes

but he still has work to do - in the transfer market I am not confident and I think he has a penchant occasionally for not changing a losing team soon enough, but on the whole he has done a good solid job. Can he take us to the next level? He deserves the opportunity to try for the next couple of seasons.

The question for me is when does he stop becoming the man , who took celtic all over europe and leciester to 2 league cups wins - and become the man who paid almost £12m for Cuellar & Heskey , and abdicated in the later stages of a european competetion

The question for me is when does he stop becoming the man , who took celtic all over europe and leciester to 2 league cups wins - and become the man who paid almost £12m for Cuellar & Heskey , and abdicated in the later stages of a european competetion

is that a yes or no. Yes for me with the proviso that the next bunch of signings are all what I could first team quality and all are better than what leaves (Barry excluded to some point). that is his test no more buying a RB to play LB, because when said LB then plays the team performs much better. Get that right and like ths season we can be a threat hopefully with more strength.

Â