Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

I can't believe this thread even exists. This just shows the fact that some Villa supporters are expecting way too much. To even question him being the manager shows that people are expecting us to make huge leaps every season. I voted yes because MON has improved us so much. I am behind him 100% and think he will take us even further. Even if things don't turn out right in a season or two, for now there can be no doubt that he is the man for the job. He makes some mistakes, but so does every manager.

He has work to do in the summer and I feel that will determine whether he will be the man to take us forward after next season. Yet that is some time off. Right now he has done all anyone could have done (and more). He has made a group of average players play out of their skins for the season. During the summer we will see if he can get the quality in that we need. Let's not all go expecting to finish in the top four next season though. ANother top six finish next season with an improved squad would do me fine. Let's keep on building and improving gradually. We aren't Chelsea, and for that I am grateful.

It depends? 3%. It depends on what? Mark Hughes being sacked and us getting him instead? It depends on the self proclaimed Special One and whether he comes to us from Inter Milan. People need to get real. MON frustrates the life out of me with some of his antics, the signings and the 4-4-2 line up etc but I think he's great for this club and totally committed to taking it to the next level. We may have to be satisfied with being in 5th or 6th place for the next couple of seasons whilst we try to close the enormous gap that exists with the top four (Cheers Sky TV, you sycophantic bastards), but we are in good hands. You will also have to be content with being run as a business and not throwing loads of cash around.Vote yes, FFS, who else are we gonna get that's better. That should be the real question. Give the man time to undo all the Sky/Setanta/Newspaper damage that has been done with making the so called "top 4", the top four.

100% yes - O'Neill is brilliant - we've had a blip and we are still 5th. this was going to happen.I don't evn know why we have this thread! good things take time, we are on course and must remain patient, o'neill is a good man, who is intelligent, listens to people and not afraid to exert his authority. we are not quite as god as man utd or lpoo, yet but we are close, despite recent results....

thats exactly where I am steve-orchard, no one can agree with MON 100% all the time but look at how the players and crowd responded yesterday and the vast majority want him at the club, he is only good for us as we try and close (and we have) the gap on 4 clubs as you say through Sky and champs league have a massive advantage.

Guest Ricardomeister

I think he has done some good things but still think he has a lot to prove, but I would give him another couple of seasons before making a final judgement as changing managers every 2 or 3 years rarely works. At present I would class MON as a good manager, but still a long way from being a great manager....hopefully one day he will be.

Yes, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he gets everything correct, and I believe it's every persons right to voice an opinion on such matters, without being called names or placed in to silly pigeon holes, as some like to do on here.

Nine 'nos'? Who are ya?

Kudos to Smalljob - at least he has had the nuts to explain why he voted no, the only one who has fessed up so far :D

Daft thread though tbf. Ludicrous to even think we should be replacing the manager. He has done absolute wonders so far. Of course he still has a hell of a lot of work to do, but we have no real reason to query his record so far.

PS: Cuellar will turn out to be a great player for us.

100% YES..who would have tought that we would almost snatch a CL place this year..ofcourse it's hurting to drop the 4th place wich we had for so long but we need to give the man some time to get it all right...we need a bigger squad that's for sure..or there is no point for us entering the uefa cup next year.

Well it's a yes from me, however I fully understand why there would be some NO's and 'It depends' as that is the nature of the game. In fact looking at the landslide victory for YES was a bit of a surprise and does seem to go against what some people feel is the situation on here and other net forums regarding our manager.

Unbelievable that anyone would put anything other than a 100% yes. From where we are now and where we were? seriously... the guy has completely turned us around from the boros of this world to challenging top 4, it's completely unjustified to put anything other than yes.

I remember a couple of weeks ago a mate thought it would be funny to text me at 9 in the morning on my day off, he said MON had resigned... I shot up and SSN was on immediately, it was a bit of a realisation moment of how much I admire what he's done, I'd be devastated if he left.

Yes, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he gets everything correct, and I believe it's every persons right to voice an opinion on such matters, without being called names or placed in to silly pigeon holes, as some like to do on here.

Here here. As i've already said- i voted Yes- but people are entitled to vote 'No' and i'm sure they have reasons for doing so.

partly deleted - OBE

looking at the landslide victory for YES was a bit of a surprise .

Really? Why? Look at where we were, and where we are now. The league says we're now the best side in England outside the Sky 4. What more could we realistically have hoped for in the three years O'Neill has been in charge?

does seem to go against what some people feel is the situation on here and other net forums regarding our manager.

It does show that a minority of posters on here hijack the majority of threads with the same old complaints. The silent majority are more than happy with the way we're heading as a club.

Â