Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Let me be the first and probably the last to say NO..

I don't rate MON anymore, to sign players is a big part of a managers job, and for that he fail big time for me..

there is so much i could say on him why i don't rate him, but will just leave it with his signings..

Shame you actually didn't stop, the next paragraph was a waste of time - Bicks

have said it before will say it again, I'm not a fan of the manager ( I don't mean MON in particular)I am a fan of the Villa and thats it..

When it comes to big decisions at board level and in the business world, you always have to have an alternative before making drastic changes.

I ask the incredible people who have decided to choose "no" - who on earth would do a better job?

Yes. I genuinely like the guy despite of patrick's signature and petty point-scoring!

But I'm slightly worried by his methods, signings in the summer have to be of a much higher standard in order for us to really push on.

Tactically O'Neill leaves me perplexed at times, take the first half an hour against Everton when Villa were just hoofing the ball anywhere which left me completely baffled.

But I hope he is the man to take us forward.

The reason for this thread, for those who felt the need to question it. Was to gauge the opinion of those on VT. As there seems to be a vocal minority who are critical of MON in what he does. I wanted to see a) how large this minority was and B) even if they're critical of him do they still want him to stay?

As we can see so far, the vast majority want him to stay as manager, which would be what I expected. But it's interesting to know...

Another vote for yes. Without any doubt.

Anyone who thinks any manager could do any better is quite frankly living in a fairytale. People seem to have forgotten the seasons we were nearly relegated. We are now 5th in the league and only a small squad and horrible draw in the Uefa Cup in the coldest country in the competition, who famously play on a dangerous pitch, prevented us from pushing really hard for 4th.

MON has got the players wanting to play for him. He's got a young passionate team and although morale has clearly been sapped a bit they will learn from that and hopefully be stronger next year.

Losing MON will put us back 5 years.

Undoubtedly yes. The man has some faults. Some minor, some major, but on the whole he's still a quality manager. I look forward to to him being here for much longer than next season.

Â