1. 1. Do you believe in God

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a shit

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to turn into a God vs Science debate, isnt it?

Im of the opinion that both can exist. One explains how, the other explains why. Therefore I believe there is a God. I think I am in fairly good company too, the most famous scientist of them all (Einstien) also believed in God.

Not me. I was raised as a Catholic but now i'm an Atheist and believe in Science.

And why can't God and Science be the same thing?

because the text faith is based upon contradicts science in about 1000 different ways, and which faith is the "true" god?

only one of the religon's is correct, so which one?

(big brother voice)

Ewe Decide!

Oh no! Not again!

Where is the option for "undecided". I'd say it would be quite a popular choice.

I only believe in things that can be proven. By the same token, I am willing to accept that just about anything is possible until disproved.

Stop being such a girl, GAMBLE BOY GAMBLE!

And no I don't believe in God, but Rastafarianism and Buddism are two ways of life I'd like to explore a little more in the future. They seem quite fruitful. (And I'm being serious).

I think I am in fairly good company too, the most famous scientist of them all (Einstien) also believed in God.

I always thought his view was more agnostic.

just taking one quote as an example:

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

that to me is a statement from an agnostic not of a believer in a God.

I think good old Stevie Hawkx is of the same belief as Einstein, and I think Sir Robert Winston has a similar view (although he was and is still a practicing Jew).

Because they are the pioneers of science, they are venturing into the unknown when it comes to human perception of "what is" and I think have to be completely open about existence in order to come to a conclusion.

Â