Do you believe in God ?

Ballybunion_Ice

Do you believe in God  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a shit

Let's settle this once and for all with an experiment.

We should all pray night and day for a top four finish.

So, if we finish top four that's proof god exists.

If we don't, he is a product of the human imagination.

Sorted (I'm sure Arsenal fans are all heathens and never pray)

Surely the fact that we're odds on to finish in the top 4 would skew your test. We should instead pray that Gabby scores 10 goals in all of our remaining fixtures and if that happens I'll consider my belief in god. Hell if that happens I'll become a vicar.

Gabby - the son of god. Well he does get crucified on here most weeks.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humans have known the world was round for a lot longer than popular culture would have you believe.

Ancient Greeks suspected the world was round and by the middle ages it was common knowledge. Anyone with any sort of education know the world was round by the time Columbus set sail. The dispute was actually about the distance to china heading west from Europe not whether it was possible or not.

Most scientists at the time thought it was far too far for any of their ships to travel without seeing land to restock (and they were right). Columbus thought their calculations were wrong however and the distance was much shorter, he was wrong but fortunatly for him he stumbled onto another mass of land half way that he could land on and get food/freshwater.

Humans have known the world was round for a lot longer than popular culture would have you believe.

I agree. I used the line to get a point across about what people think they know to be the truth. And coz it's one of my favorite films.

Prob from the time Humans were worshiping the SUN as a God they were aware of cosmology and the cosmological argument of something cant come from nothing along with it.

Wow i never noticed this thread before and 42 pages so if these have been quoted forgive me but i enjoy asking god lovers the following and to be fair my knowledge of the bible it pretty poor all versions of it but i know enough to throw these in when someone starts off on one:

Adam and Eve were the first people on earth they had 2 sons Kane and Able so how did the human race continue after that did they shag their mother?

God created the world in 7 days i believe it was man on the 6th and on the 7th he had a rest so how do you explain the fact the Dinosaurs were here before us?

Sorry if these have been asked before.

Havnt read it all myself but think a separation of religious dogma and scriptures from peoples belief in a higher being was tabled. Believing the bible and other texts to be collections of spells, chants and stories aimed at controlling and leading races of people by humans who have god like complexes.

The (full) Bible stats that God indeed did attempt to make woman from clay.

The result was Lilith, but she was too dominant and strong headed to live with Adam. Specifically because she liked to be on top.

So she left into the world and was never mentioned again, although some Christians believe that she re-entered the gene pool.

But it goes on.

After that God gave it a second attempt and made the nameless one.

She was comprised of lesser material to compensate for Lilith, trouble is that God made the mistake of creating her in front of Adam.

When Adam watched this he became disgusted by her insides and rejected her and God abandoned her without a soul.

Again, some Christians think she made her way into the gene pool.

The reason this way omitted, along with a ton of other materials, was because:

1)It implies that God makes mistakes

2)Lilith is far too sexual and for most people of the time that it was removed.

Havnt read it all myself but think a separation of religious dogma and scriptures from peoples belief in a higher being was tabled. Believing the bible and other texts to be collections of spells, chants and stories aimed at controlling and leading races of people by humans who have god like complexes.

The (full) Bible stats that God indeed did attempt to make woman from clay.

The result was Lilith, but she was too dominant and strong headed to live with Adam. Specifically because she liked to be on top.

So she left into the world and was never mentioned again, although some Christians believe that she re-entered the gene pool.

But it goes on.

After that God gave it a second attempt and made the nameless one.

She was comprised of lesser material to compensate for Lilith, trouble is that God made the mistake of creating her in front of Adam.

When Adam watched this he became disgusted by her insides and rejected her and God abandoned her without a soul.

Again, some Christians think she made her way into the gene pool.

The reason this way omitted, along with a ton of other materials, was because:

1)It implies that God makes mistakes

2)Lilith is far too sexual and for most people of the time that it was removed.

What.

I don't know if you just made that up or not, but if it's serious, then you are going to have to show your source. Whatever nutter concocted that up I need to read more of his "leanings", for a giggle :)

First are you a Villa Fan ? or on a mission from the big man ?

If you read the original, The Sumer creation epic, it will tell you everything. The bible came from the Sumer history. They changed it to suit their needs and threw religion in as well. All makes sense then. The Enuma Elish is the Babylonian version. Don't forget, Abraham was from Ur of Sumer. He carried one of the Sumerian gods with him, Enlil/Yahweh.

Â