The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Massively hung over today and I feel a film marathon coming on.

Watched end of watch earlier, second viewing still enjoyed it.

Currently watching saw 3, it popped up on sky on demand so why not! Guilty pleasure of mine, love the saw films.

Who knows what will be next

• Like 1

Choice tonight:

Oldboy (remake) or American Hustle

Oldboy remake made me want to smash the screen and American Hustle is all surface and no substance.

Suggest watching something else instead.

• Like 1

Bloody love Paul Newman. One of my all time favourite actors. **** it, I'm watching Cool Hand Luke when I get up later.

I watched that for the first time recently. Was expecting a straightforward prison film but it was so much more.

Watched Oldboy (remake) last night. What a steaming pile of crap that was. Not a patch on the original and the product placement was almost farcical at times. Noted that it was heavily produced from the Spike Lee cut but I don't see how that would have saved it if I'm honest.

• Like 1

Bloody love Paul Newman. One of my all time favourite actors. **** it, I'm watching Cool Hand Luke when I get up later.

I watched that for the first time recently. Was expecting a straightforward prison film but it was so much more.

A legend, the sting, Butch Cassidy and the sundance Kid, The verdict, the hustler are other films of note I can think of...

He was a brilliant actor with charisma to burn. Pretty down-to-Earth guy too, lived in Connecticut and gave Hollywood a big middle finger the latter half of his career.

• Like 2

The films i remember from the 80s...

Sophie's choice

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence

The Hunger

Educating Rita

Local Hero

Cal

Oh and Christiane F. A true story about the teenage drug scene in Berlin and a film that haunted me for years

No Gregory's Girl?

Â