The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

well the Deadpool film sounds like it is closer than ever to getting the green light, I would love it if they made it and kept it faithful to the comics, if it was made for kids it would be terrible.

I've just took a look at the leaked test footage for it and it looks great

Anyone seen Grey Zone?

Yes I've seen it. Good film but of course its very bleak. 

Another one I saw recently was Lore, which looks at things from the German peoples perspective after the war was over. Well worth watching.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Labor Day was very good, not what you'd usually expect from a 'escpaed convict takes a family hostage' movie. A quiet, emotive film that relies on acting rather than explosions/sfx to make it watchable.

Josh Brolin and Kate Winslett were both excellent.

So gutted after watching the first two lord of the rings last couple of night, sat down to watch the third and the bloody DVD doesn't work :(

I know the feeling, my copy of They Live won't play. :(

Damn you archaic region lock!

• Like 1

Saw Boyhood last night after it finally released here.

Really interesting film and I loved it. I'd say its probably not for everyone though - some may find it boring since nothing really "happens".

I thought the whole filming-the-family-over-12-years thing really helped flesh out the characters and and their everyday lives, since they're literally growing in front of you. It's all very natural, almost documentary-like.

A really well constructed film, from direction to dialogue, all top-notch. Also liked the various nods to pop-culture references and world events, helping to establish time-period. Great soundtrack too.

• Like 1

Â