The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think John Cusack is criminally underrated.

I don't think he's ever done anything crap

2012....utter shite

**** me yeah that's bad. And that one where he works in a video shop or a music store or something. That's naff as well.

He's got such a whiney face. I really don't like him.

I think John Cusack is criminally underrated.

I don't think he's ever done anything crap

2012....utter shite
**** me yeah that's bad. And that one where he works in a video shop or a music store or something. That's naff as well.

He's got such a whiney face. I really don't like him.

Hi fidelity was brilliant. Watch it again :-)

He was great in the road to wellville.

But nothing tops one crazy summer.

the Verdict and the Hustler are both superb. And of course, the joyously fun Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid film too. 

Heart of Glass - ( 1976 ) - hauntingly odd. From a director who hypnotised the cast, probably not too much of a surprise. Rather feel it was not a terrific Sunday morning choice however. 

Will try Hi Fidelity again. I was maybe 19/20 when I first watched. Found it bland and pretentious. I love pretentious now!

John Carpenter evening for me. The Thing and either They Live or The Fog. I've seen The Thing but no spoilers as I can't remember much and haven't seen the other two. I recall that They Live has an awesome fight scene?

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - 6/10

Not awful but nowhere near the standard of similar films like the Bourne, Bond or Mission Impossible franchises. 

Will try Hi Fidelity again. I was maybe 19/20 when I first watched. Found it bland and pretentious. I love pretentious now!

John Carpenter evening for me. The Thing and either They Live or The Fog. I've seen The Thing but no spoilers as I can't remember much and haven't seen the other two. I recall that They Live has an awesome fight scene?

The Thing is awesome. One of the first horror/sci fi films I can remember seeing (thanks to my dads great parenting skills)(I'm not sorry Donnie).

• Like 1

Watched The Motel Life last night.

Good performance by Stephen Dorff but I was thoroughly bored.

Always wanted to read the book by Willy Vlautin but decided to watch the film first. Wish I hadn't.

And Dakota Fanning continues to annoy me.

Gonna watch Haunter tonight with Abigail Breslin in it. Heard alright things.

Carpenter remains one of my favourite directors.

His early work is incredible, Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, Escape from New York, The Thing etc even the often overlooked Prince of Darkness had a lot going for it.

There weren't many directors who could match him for creating a foreboding sense of dread (a recurring theme of his).

• Like 1

Â