The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Little miss sunshine - nice little film, I enjoyed it. Steve carrell seems to be good in everything, shame his most famous role is playing an idiot in anchorman when he's capable of so much more.

Hard to believe that little girl is pretty hot these days.

Superbad  (2007)   I quite enjoyed watching this film. I found it very amusing at times .Would certainly recommend watching it 7/10

I really like Superbad. Never tire of seeing it

• Like 1

The Wolverine

The 67th X-Men film in the last ten years and fairly decent. I have no idea where it fits into the X-Men canon timeline but as ever Jackman is always watchable and it also features some hot Japanese chicks and a fighting samurai robot. For that alone it gets 7/10 

inbetweeners 2 - 6/10

a bit disappointed, think it was mainly because the new characters that were meant to be clearings in the woods were very good at being clearings in the woods, think it had some very funny moments but not enough of them, certainly not as funny as the 1st film, and i also thought that the same old inbetweeners formula got to me, you take neil out of it and it would be rubbish, think funnily enough much like superbad, and specifically cera, the awkwardness can go too far and start to not be funny

• Like 1

The Wolverine

The 67th X-Men film in the last ten years and fairly decent. I have no idea where it fits into the X-Men canon timeline but as ever Jackman is always watchable and it also features some hot Japanese chicks and a fighting samurai robot. For that alone it gets 7/10 

I wouldn't worry about any of the X-men films being canon, they completely ballsed it up. Days of Future Past essentially reset everything anyway.

In the comics, Wolverine does spend some time in Japan, but as far as I'm aware it's nothing much like what happens in that film, which is good because I thought the film was pretty garbage anyway. It's still better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine though. Man that movie sucked, even before they completely messed up Deadpool.

Little miss sunshine - nice little film, I enjoyed it. Steve carrell seems to be good in everything, shame his most famous role is playing an idiot in anchorman when he's capable of so much more.

Hard to believe that little girl is pretty hot these days.

If you like Little Miss Sunshine then you'll probably enjoy The Way, Way Back too, which also features Steve Carrell playing a non-comedy role.

Edited by Ginko

All of the XMen films are rubbish.

X Men 2 is high on my list of least favourite films. Garbage.

Don’t you hate all ‘superhero’ films though?

Saying that you’d have to have a heart of stone not to enjoy parts of Guardians.

nope.

Some super hero films are good. A couple are excellent.

However there are a LOT of superhero/comic book films that are total shite. So I'm very wary of the genre generally as the majority are, IMO, poor

I'll still give credit when it's due though.

I'd agree with that -

X2, X3, all 5 recent Spider-Mans, both fantastic fours, both hulks, iron man 2, catwoman, daredevil, superman returns, the wolverine, xmen origins, green lantern, Elektra, blade 3, the 2 ghost riders, the 2 punishers... All pretty shit

Both thors, iron man, man of steel, and captain America are questionable

Iron man 3, captain America 2, xmen 1st class, blade 1&2, watchmen, were good

Batman 1&3, days of future past, Guardians and avengers are excellent

Dark knight is on another level

Overall though there is some way to go before comic book films tip the balance in to being generally "good" the strange thing being that I still go watch them all at the cinema...

• Like 2

I hate the Ironman character. And I mean the man bit, not when he's in the suit (I forget the character's name)

Its the worst sort of humour. Its genuinely what stops me putting Avengers from a good film to a great film. He was the worst part about it.

Relentless, cheesy, unfunny jokes.

All of the XMen films are rubbish.

X Men 2 is high on my list of least favourite films. Garbage.

Don’t you hate all ‘superhero’ films though?

Saying that you’d have to have a heart of stone not to enjoy parts of Guardians.

nope.

Some super hero films are good. A couple are excellent.

However there are a LOT of superhero/comic book films that are total shite. So I'm very wary of the genre generally as the majority are, IMO, poor

I'll still give credit when it's due though.

Totally agree.

Superhero films really have passed me by, I can't help thinking this is just for kids. The amount of xmen films and spin offs is unreal and I'm afraid they are all shit.

Batman trilogy is just about passable and avengers was ok. Iron man films total shit.

Best super hero film is either punisher war zone which is so bad it's good and super, where he literally just goes around bashing people with a wrench :lol:

Edited by AVFCDAN

Â