The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

It was the cinematic equivalent of removing the panties of a beautiful woman only to find a throbbing member; I didn't expect it, I certainly didn't want it and up until then I was really enjoying myself.

It just made no sense to me. Like a sequence of random events, culminating in infanticide. It felt like they got to the final third and thought "**** it, let's do a take on Wicker Man" when all along I'd been watching (and enjoying up until then) a completely different film.

Fair enough.

I liked it, but it was kind of FOR that reason. I didn't expect it to go in that direction at all, and it freaked me out to be honest.

It just made no sense to me. Like a sequence of random events, culminating in infanticide. It felt like they got to the final third and thought "**** it, let's do a take on Wicker Man" when all along I'd been watching (and enjoying up until then) a completely different film.

I have to agree with this too.

It's definitely a love it or hate it type film.

Started to watch this one last night.

MV5BMTg0NzA2MzI5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM5NTIwNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I've had it for years in one of two DVD boxes containing 14 Hitchcock films but never got around to watch it. Shame on me. It was really good. Then, after an hour the f**king DVD starts to mess (don't know a better word for it), and then I can't watch anymore. How annoying is that? It seemed to be rather brilliant and now I have to wait to get to see the end. :evil:

Started to watch this one last night.

MV5BMTg0NzA2MzI5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM5NTIwNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I've had it for years in one of two DVD boxes containing 14 Hitchcock films but never got around to watch it. Shame on me. It was really good. Then, after an hour the f**king DVD starts to mess (don't know a better word for it), and then I can't watch anymore. How annoying is that? It seemed to be rather brilliant and now I have to wait to get to see the end. :evil:

That's unfortunate. I watched it for the first time recently as it topped that BFI list. Great film and I didn't have a clue what direction it was taking after an hour.

Yeah, it felt like what was happening when it "crashed" was very important for the movie. They'd just been in the forest with sequoia trees and they were talking beside the sea. I think a friend of mine's got it, som I'll ask him before I buy a new copy.

I was a little underwhelmed with Looper. The time travel element was great but the other things tacked on to it didn't work for me. It sagged and JGL looks increasingly weird.

Wanted to see Holy Motors which wasn't on.

I think they tried to make JGL look like a young Bruce Willis, at least it seemed that in the trailer.

I believe they did which is strange as Hollywood doesn't usually care about that sort of thing. It's not as if De Niro looked like a young Brando in Godfather 2.

Â