The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw Looper.

Gets a bit of a "meh" from me.

Parts of it were really good, parts of it weren't and it dragged a bit. The way some of it was shot as well, from different perspectives, was really good.

Liked the way it all came together in the end (although I'm not sure if I interpreted the end as I should have).

Not sure why it's been labelled as confusing. It seemed pretty easy to follow. Not trying to sound intelligent or anything there, I just mean there didn't seem to be much complicated about it. There's a bit of a loop (no pun intended) at the start but once you understand that it's fine.

But yeah. Good film, didn't blow me away to be honest. Not sure if it's because I'd heard it was so good, but it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be.

Just watched an early 90s French film Three Colours Blue - with mme binoche. At beginning of film she loses a composer husband and kid in a car crash, and then a very french drama> of sorts plays out. Don't know how to describe it or why I liked it but it was engaging all the same,. Kept watching even though I didn't really know what I was watching, or what the point, if any, the film had. It ambles along for 90 minutes, and I enjoyed it again, but again no idea why. Good acting I suppose.

Think I might have said this before, but Three Colours White (the 'comedy' one of the three) is probably up there in my top ten films.

Saw Looper today. Same as Stevo on it, decent but not amazing. Liked that they tried to Willis-ise JGL as aforementioned. A bit like Gollum is clearly far younger looking in the Hobbit trailers than he was in LOTR. Little touches.

Saw the trailer for Skyfall too. Looking forward to seeing it. Especially as I love Javier Bardem as a baddie. (See No Country)

saw Looper last night with two mates....

we are all big film fans and like all genres but we were all very disappointed with it....

made a great start and after half an hour i was thinking it was gonna be cool as ****...

then it just turned into a right mess...thought it was cleverer than it was...Willis' role was phoned in...

and the middle 45 minutes was an absolute bore....

as soon as Joe reaches the farmhouse it dragged big time....

not sure how it got so many 5 star reviews...3 stars at best for me

I thought Looper was excellent, but not perfect.

As many have pointed out elsewhere, the whole Children of the Corn section was a bit, 'eh?' but I think if you say, for example, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler as a child, would (could) you? Especially if he appears nothing but a mop hair toddler. Would you kill the kid or try and change his circumstances? Although there would be endless possibilites and, to quote a character in the film, 'this whole time travel shit, it fries your brain'. Another minor issue was the whole telekenesis thing. I don't think the plot would have suffered if it was cut.

It is excellent entertainment, and it would be best to ignore the daft comparisons it is getting in the press.

Just watched an early 90s French film Three Colours Blue - with mme binoche. At beginning of film she loses a composer husband and kid in a car crash, and then a very french drama> of sorts plays out. Don't know how to describe it or why I liked it but it was engaging all the same,. Kept watching even though I didn't really know what I was watching, or what the point, if any, the film had. It ambles along for 90 minutes, and I enjoyed it again, but again no idea why. Good acting I suppose.

Think I might have said this before, but Three Colours White (the 'comedy' one of the three) is probably up there in my top ten films.

That one came through the door yesterday, will be watching it soon enough, and then presumably the red one!

i watched untouchable last night, didn't realise it was a french language film until i was buying the tickets so I was a bit unsure of what to expect as I haven't really watched a subtitled film before. I've got to say i loved it, it really made me chuckle in places. It certainly isn't a comedy but the script is very well written i thought.

Just seen 'Looper' myself and thought it was pretty good to be honest. The whole face thing was done better than I expected, although it did freak me out a little. Good light entertainment and I'm also in the camp that doesn't think it was at all complex. Much like 'Inception' wasn't very complex, yet was also very entertaining.

I preferred 'Killing Them Softly' though when it comes to recent films.

Really liked Looper, it felt like a proper old school film noir (which I love anyway)

I especially thought the scene where Old Seth was on the run, and started loosing body parts as they tortured young Seth, was brilliant.

And on Three Colours Trilogy, Red is my favourite. Got to love Irene Jacob.

Watched The Help and enjoyed it. Dang, '60s Mississippi, you ugly. And whatever it is about Emma Stone, she vehh hot. Good performances all round.

Really liked Looper, it felt like a proper old school film noir (which I love anyway)

I especially thought the scene where Old Seth was on the run, and started loosing body parts as they tortured young Seth, was brilliant.

And on Three Colours Trilogy, Red is my favourite. Got to love Irene Jacob.

That was one of my least favourite scenes.

Cool, but didn't really make sense, in my opinion.

Perhaps I was reading too much into it.

Â