The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

District 9 just never felt "real" to me.

And I don't mean "Oh that would SO not happen, how unrealistic"

I mean I just never felt tense or involved with it. it sort of just passed me by, and i saw it as a little tongue in cheek, which I'm not sure is how it was intended.

Good film, but I was disappointed given people had raved about it.

I thought Godfather 2 was crap.

Really!?!? :shock:

Care to explain why mate? Hand on heart i have never before heard a bad word said about it.

Crap may bea strong word.

I just found it boring. I think I just didn't "get" it.

It was 7 years ago when I was only 17/18 so I'll have to give it another go at some point, but I just didn't like it.

It's odd because I like that style of movie. I love Goodfellas for example. I like The Sopranos so I'm into that sort of gangster genre.

BUt I honestly just didn't care for it.

When it asked me to insert the second DVD I felt like slitting my wrists. It was SO long!

As Is aid, I'll give them another go (I didn't think the original Godfather was upto much either, I didn't even bother with Godfather 3) at some point, but they just didn't do it for me.

ghost-in-the-shell-le-film_.jpg

One of the most critically-acclaimed animes of all time. Massively philosophical, dystopian, science fiction, action...

And features the greatest ever anime scene (no spoilers!), which affected me quite profoundly:

^^ if that isn't an advert for a film, I don't know what is.

One of the most critically-acclaimed animes of all time. Massively philosophical, dystopian, science fiction, action...

And features the greatest ever anime scene (no spoilers!), which affected me quite profoundly:

^^ if that isn't an advert for a film, I don't know what is.

Have you seen the 2.0 version?

No I couldn't find it online! It looks sick, though I'm a little dissapointed they changed the title sequence, it was amazing in the original. Aside from torrents etc, you know of anywhere I may be able to aquire it?

Here

When I get some money, it'll be that or Ninja Scroll, which I cant seem to find anywhere online.

That aside - I've heard mixed things about the 2.0 version... a bit disjointed in terms of animation, etc. What did you think? Better than the original?

Anyone else really dislike Jason Bateman? Without knowing his entire filmography, he always seems to play whiny emasculated yellow-bellied wimps that really annoy me. Can't be a co-incidence that he's drawn to those roles or chosen for them either. So now I dislike him as soon as I see him in a film.

I fell asleep watching this, and I've had no desire to watch it since. :oops:

I remember being really up for watching it as I'd just finished getting through Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time and I was well aware of Ghost In The Shell's reputation as this Akira-like defining moment in anime films, but I just couldn't get over how boring it was. Give me Patlabor over GITS, every single time.

When I get some money, it'll be that or Ninja Scroll, which I cant seem to find anywhere online.

That aside - I've heard mixed things about the 2.0 version... a bit disjointed in terms of animation, etc. What did you think? Better than the original?

Not as good imo. The bits of updated graphics look impressive, but they don't really sit well with the original style.

I have been told on numerous occasions that I'm commiting some sort of treason to films by not liking it. :D

I suppose it's been about 7 years since that fateful first watch, maybe it is time to forgive and forget? I did very much like 'Stand Alone Complex', after all.

Whilst we're on anime, I'm very pleased to see that the proposed live-action Cowboy Bebop film with Keanu Reeves playing Spike is firmly in development hell, where it should remain forever. Some things need to be left well alone! :puke:

Â