The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Can people please use the spoiler tag. It's there for a very good reason. So you don't SPOIL a film that's still in the cinema that some might want to watch.

Is this directed at me?  :ph34r:

I'm not aware of any spoilers I might have mentioned.

I hope Pacific Rim is a hit, it might breathe life in to the live action Evangelion movie/s. It looked so much like Eva on the trailer, I'm sure they even had a thing lying on a ship at sea being transported.

Forget Pacific Rim. Del Toro who?

Atlantic Rim is gonna be the shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpQmZmKNmo

Direct to DVD baby!

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to Pacific Rim far more than any rational person should.

I never would have taken you for the type of guy to love gigantic robots.

Can't wait for Pacific Rim, it's going to be insane.

• Like 1

I can't think of the last big budget blockbuster kinda film that was genuinely good. Like proper good. 

Just about any Disney animated film. Seriously.

Every time I watch a Disney film the experience is magical.

I can't think of the last big budget blockbuster kinda film that was genuinely good. Like proper good. 

Pocahontas, Mulan, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, all crap.

Anyway Jurassic Park was a genuinely good 'blockbuster'.

And how about the first Matrix?

Pocahontas, Mulan, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, all crap.

Anyway Jurassic Park was a genuinely good 'blockbuster'.

And how about the first Matrix?

Fair enough :) I was speaking generally - and fwiw, I don't watch the older Disney cartoons.

I've watched 3 Disney films in the past 3 days. Monsters University, The Incredibles and Wreck-it Ralph. All magical, and soooo creative.

Anyway, I agree about Jurassic Park. The last time I watched the Matrix was when I was very little though, and I can't remember much about it. Those two were produced quite a long time ago though, I'm struggling to think of any non-animated blockbuster film that was genuinely really really good instead of being merely decent (apart from the Batman films)

Edited by legov

When did English/ British advertising turn American? Just saw an advert for "now you see me" and the English VoiceOver said that it was in the cinema July Three... Ahhh it's third of July or July the third

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Was extremely hungover the other day and had a few old VHS hanging around so ended up watching Rat Race and Evolution. They were my two favourite films as a young teen and i have to say the comedy, especially in Rat Race still holds up, brilliant films if in need of a laugh!! 

Â