The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

'Super' is very good as long as you have a dark sense of humour. I do and I liked it. I shall have to buy it actually as it has just been released. Shame it bombed at the box office, but I tried to help by putting my money in.

Went to see 'Captain America' the other day and thought it was bloody aeful. The worst Marvel entry since 'The Incredible Hulk' in my eyes. Really cheesy and pretty much lacking in everything. The best part came after the credits with the teaser trailer for 'The Avengers'.

Also watched Horrible Bosses last week. Good but not great.

Thought it started off well, but tailed off towards the end. The little guy in it who I reckon they were trying to make into the equivalent of Zach Galifianakis' character in the Hangover, I just found really annoying. He over did it with obvious slapstick humour and not enough witty stuff for me.

It's worth going to watch Jennifer Anniston as a dark haired nymphomaniac alone though.

Another vote for Super. Really, really enjoyed it. Like a hyper-violent character driven indie movie, and Rainn Wilson is fantastic.

This. Loved it. It's great fun and incredibly stupid. 8)

supstar-magazine-the-veteran.jpg

Enjoyable gritty British urban thriller with a great central performance from the always superb Toby Kebbell (Dead Mans Shoes, Control).

There's a hint of sensationalism to some of the story (conspiricy theories ahoy!) and the gunplay goes a little ott towards the end, but as it's so well directed and acted it's easily forgiven.

Â