The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "Waltz with Bashir" last night after V+'ing it on Tuesday.

I thought it was excellent. Pretty harrowing stuff but a very unique film. It's a kind of animation I've never seen before.

Loved it.

Try this one next then:

51gfjud2joL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

x2. Very good movie.

Saw Source Code as night...expected a bit more than just a cross between Quantum Leap, The Matrix, and Back to the Future. The love story was weak and unengaging, and the 'twist' (I use the term very lightly) at the end left you with feeling of 'oh ok' rather than 'OH WOW'. It was shot brilliantly though, and the mystery of what was actually going on did enough (barely) to get you through to the end. Why don't we have those double decker trains here? Very cool. The film not so. 6/10

The new trailer for Super 8 was just fantastic though. Looks to me like the ET for the 21st century, and not just cos is Amblin (~:

Just watched shutter island, few peeps id spoke to said it was boring rubbish, however, i thought it was fantastic, i kind of guessed the twist early on but how it all unfolded was brilliantly done. One of the saddest endings ive sat through for a while aswell. Some great performances aswell, ruffallo was top drawer.

Top film.

Just watched shutter island, few peeps id spoke to said it was boring rubbish, however, i thought it was fantastic, i kind of guessed the twist early on but how it all unfolded was brilliantly done. One of the saddest endings ive sat through for a while aswell. Some great performances aswell, ruffallo was top drawer.

Top film.

Ingram - read the book - the 'twist' is by far more impactive and saddening... agree, it was a good film though!!!!

finally someone else who has read the book! the film added one line of dialogue by leo that IMO completely changes the context on the ending

couldnt get my head round if it made it better or worse (although the book is better in general)

Top film.

Ingram - read the book - the 'twist' is by far more impactive and saddening... agree, it was a good film though!!!!

Some of the reviews I read were bafflingly negative, I thought it was a truly sick movie.

Here's a recommendation, if you want to watch a Simpsons movie which isn't a load of shit, watch Episodes 1+2 consecutively of 'Who Shot Mr.Burns?' - Comedy at its very peak.

(iwatchsimpsonsonline is the best site for streaming Simpsons. It serves me very well for my diet of at least 2 episodes a day - only series 2-10 mind.)

Saw Source Code as night...expected a bit more than just a cross between Quantum Leap, The Matrix, and Back to the Future. The love story was weak and unengaging, and the 'twist' (I use the term very lightly) at the end left you with feeling of 'oh ok' rather than 'OH WOW'. It was shot brilliantly though, and the mystery of what was actually going on did enough (barely) to get you through to the end. Why don't we have those double decker trains here? Very cool. The film not so. 6/10

The new trailer for Super 8 was just fantastic though. Looks to me like the ET for the 21st century, and not just cos is Amblin (~:

Mostly agree on 'Source Code', although I think you have been a little harsh on it. In my opinion it has been one of the better films released so far this year. I did think the love story was weak (as you say), however I found the twist to be welcome. I didn't think it was as good as 'Moon' yet it is certainly worth a watch.

On the topic of 'Super 8', I really can't wait for that. I have been watching it throughout development and as more footage has been released I have become increasingly excited. As I said a few weeks back, I think it will soon deserve a thread of its own. It really does have the feel of 'ET' and 'The Goonies' too. Watching the latest trailer took me back a few years, in a good way.

Mostly agree on 'Source Code', although I think you have been a little harsh on it. In my opinion it has been one of the better films released so far this year. I did think the love story was weak (as you say), however I found the twist to be welcome. I didn't think it was as good as 'Moon' yet it is certainly worth a watch.

On the topic of 'Super 8', I really can't wait for that. I have been watching it throughout development and as more footage has been released I have become increasingly excited. As I said a few weeks back, I think it will soon deserve a thread of its own. It really does have the feel of 'ET' and 'The Goonies' too. Watching the latest trailer took me back a few years, in a good way.

Dunnit!

Not heard about Super 8, so I just went for quick read-up...

Set in 1979 Ohio, a group of six young children use a Super 8 camera to make their own zombie movie.

It's Within the Woods! :D

It's The Blair Witch Project.

Speaking of which (see what I did, there?) how overrated was THAT film? Just laughable - I thought it should have been called "Kevin and Perry Get Lost in the Woods".

Yeh it was bad. I remember when it cam eout it was being publicised as this film where people were running out of the cinema halfway through because they were so scared, and having to be consoled afterwards.

I can't for the life of me see why. I thought it was fairly shit.

Â