The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw Truth tonight ... Probably a tough film to watch if you have zero interest in US Politics but it's a good watch if you like this sort of journalist exposes filns

Blanchett does slip into Aussie accent from time to time which is probably why this potential Oscar push film got dropped in favour of Carol and why this one will barely be seen , which is a shame as it's worthy of a large audience 

Very very Romita Snr looking Spiderman, in the mask at least - the small eyes were always his thing. I think the ASM2 suit is closer to the look I immediately think of with him but this could have been a lot worse. ASM1 worse. It seems right to finally have him join up with the MCU.

Good trailer though. An awful lot of the plot is still in the dark - we've still not seen the villain, Bruhl's character, we don't really know anything about Black Panther, who looks surprisingly good... Etc. Good action, Tony works and is believable which was always a bit of a problem with this story and RDJ's Stark, Bucky looks good and looks like they're playing up the loose cannon angle which really works for his character... Really looking forward to it.

Oh and the Antman arrow classic moment from the comics happening :D

giphy.gif

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

can't wait to see 'the witch' tomorrow

looks so **** good

Going on Sunday. My most anticipated movie this year so I'm really excited to see it.

Be interested to hear what you think.

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

we don't really know anything about Black Panther

this trailer does give away what im guessing is his motivation

Spoiler

i think bucky is going to kill his father in that bomb blast on what looks like the UN

I'd be a lot more interested in Civil War if Spiderman was nowhere to be seen.

Other than that it looks quite good, despite the insufferable Tony Stark undoubtedly ruining it with his "humour".

Edited by Stevo985

the thing is spiderman was 1 of about 3 story arcs that really made civil war but the set up they have now means that they cant do it, now he feels like he's been shoe horned in to give him a platform for another reboot

still think reed and sue is the best story from the comic 

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be a lot more interested in Civil War if Spiderman was nowhere to be seen.

Other than that it looks quite good, despite the insufferable Tony Stark undoubtedly ruining it with his "humour".

Sounds like you go in already convinced, and the first utterance from Stark boils your piss and ruins it from then on.  You've an irrational hatred of the man :)

Pretty much.

Although the best Marvel film out there is Avengers, and that has Stark in it. He just taints it.
FWIW I like Ironman when he's Ironman. I just find Stark to be the most irritating character ever. His character isn't funny, yet every single line he has is a "joke". 

It's the thing I dislike most about comic book films. They just load them with "jokes" and 90% of them are terrible. Quality, not quantity.

Edited by Stevo985

You should enjoy Civil War - a fair amount of it is Stark being hit in the face ;). I do like Stark as a character though and RDJ has basically become the character at this point so I can't quite understand the hate :)

Spiderman is fairly integral to the original Civil War plotline so he does belong in this, although it's pretty unlikely they'll be able to do the full Spiderman arc. I'd wager they do do the 'big thing' Peter Parker does in that story though. If they don't do that it really is just a case of establishing him as a thing in the MCU and add a bit of an afterthought in the movie and will be very disappointing.

Â