The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Will Poulter has been cast as Pennywise in the new IT film. Interesting.

He's got kind of an odd face, which is good, is young, which doesnt matter, and I've only seen him in Narnia so...my first reaction was 'oh it's that guy with the eyebrows'. Don't think he's been officially cast yet though.

Excellent young actor, very good in Wild Bill and Son of Rambow and from what i've read he's great in Glassland too (that's on my to-watch list).

The age thing is interesting. I wonder if they'll make him up much older or keep it similar to his actual age?

I thought i recognised that name.

Lee Carter!

Gotta be a villain. He'd make a good villain.

Depending on how they adapt it, the villains should all, more or less, be cast already (Crossbones, and, depending on your viewpoint, Cap/Iron Man). As v4e says, possibly a politician but it would part against type for him. Interesting bit of casting though.

Chris Evans was on record the other day saying this film effectively does some set up for Infinity War, which is surprising as everyone else has said Thor 3 would do that donkeywork. Also some concept art came out yesterday...

captain-america-3-art.png

If that's on the money, Stark develops the Bleeding Edge armour in time for this movie, in which case stump your money on him being portrayed as a villain/less of a hero in the film, as the Bleeding Edge armour is so overpowered its hard to sympathise with him as a protagonist.

• Like 2

Fracture  (2007) 

I thought this was a pretty decent film and enjoyed it. Decent story and i thought Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling were good.Would recommend it A 7/10

Said it before, but one of my favourites. Wonderful film. Would make my top 10 list. 

a14319a38009cd75740a2ab43b98a9be.jpg

Have you seen the original mate? Worth checking out if you haven't  :thumb:

So when Vanilla Sky came out in the cinema, i went to watch it, not knowing there was an original film.

I came home having really enjoyed it, and switched on the TV.

and the foreign Vanilla Sky was on!

With the same bloody actress Penelope Cruz. Same story and everything.

I spent the next hour just watching it in a daze thinking i was in some strange alternative universe. 

Kept expecting Tom Cruise to suddenly appear.

One of the most surreal evenings of my life!

• Like 1

Saw "Michael Clayton" again on TV last night. The script is so incredibly good, I can watch it another 100 times. Maybe the best film of this century, IMO.

Saw "Michael Clayton" again on TV last night. The script is so incredibly good, I can watch it another 100 times. Maybe the best film of this century, IMO.

Big claims! Never seen it but now want to!

Just back from Avengers

I've probably said it countless times and yet still let myself down by going back but that's enough comic book films for me now

Hollywood needs to go and find a new idea or three , iron Man 1 was good probably because nobody had any expectation , Thor 1 was good but other than that it's just been one continuous string Of repetivness with a few decent comedy moments thrown in ...

That's not to say age of Ultron is terrible , it's just all a little tired now , even the best character in the film Maximoff is still not a patch on x-men's Quicksilver

All in all a big meh from me

• Like 1

It Follows.

Firstly what a cracking sound track, loads of nostalgic synth, definitely helped the atmosphere in the film.

It was an enjoyable film and definitely felt like something slightly original (which is always a bonus in the horror genre), Maika Monroe is good again (having seen The Guest earlier in the year) although the role is not exactly demanding, i see she is slated for some big films in the next 12 months so we might see a bit more of her acting chops soon.

7.5/10 for me.

• Like 1

$191million on opening weekend means you will be watching comic book movies for a while ;)

but...but...people are getting bored of them!

Watched the Raid 2 tonight. The first one was okay, but a bit stupid. This one was just plain bad.

$191million on opening weekend means you will be watching comic book movies for a while ;)

People going to see them doesn't make them good ;)

People going to see them doesn't make them good ;)

No, it means that's what most people want to see. 

Â