The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I hope Inherent Vice is better than the book, which was a major let-down for me. Maybe I expected too much - hippie-era west coast setting, check. Noir/detective elements, check. Pynchon, check. But it didn't work at all. Might be better as a film.

Edited by mjmooney

The trailer is excellent

Big hero 6 is also excellent. What's up with it basically being a marvel 'team'? They decided they weren't ever going to do anything with it, so Disney could have it?

Big hero 6 is also excellent. What's up with it basically being a marvel 'team'? They decided they weren't ever going to do anything with it, so Disney could have it?

Disney own Marvel, so I'm assuming they already had the rights to make it if they wanted, though I'm guessing they asked.

I'm gonna have to watch Whiplash aren't I?

Whoever made the trailer deserves the sack.

Its worth it mate, good film. 

Watched it last night and was very impressed, there really are some edge of your seat moments and thats no mean feat considering its a drumming movie.

• Like 1

Disney own Marvel, so I'm assuming they already had the rights to make it if they wanted, though I'm guessing they asked.

Exactly - Marvel and disney are essentially one and the same now so they can use their IP's as they see fit i imagine.

Hello all, I have come to this here thread for some advice.

I have never seen a film (pronounced Fil-um) before and was wondering which one to see first - as my local Choices Video store has many fil-ums to choose from, I am all mixed up HAHAHAHA!!!

So, Villatalkers, please tell me which fil-um to watch to break my delicate, soft film cherry.

I will report back after watching said fil-um and promptly returning said fil-um to my local Choices Video store - probably through the letter box on the front of the store as I imagine it'll be PRETTY late (HAHAHAHA).  This will also ensure I do not incur those pesky late return fees!! HAHAHAHAHA.

P.S. Do you have to rewind the tapes when you've finished watching the fil-um?

Hello all, I have come to this here thread for some advice.

I have never seen a film (pronounced Fil-um) before and was wondering which one to see first - as my local Choices Video store has many fil-ums to choose from, I am all mixed up HAHAHAHA!!!

So, Villatalkers, please tell me which fil-um to watch to break my delicate, soft film cherry.

I will report back after watching said fil-um and promptly returning said fil-um to my local Choices Video store - probably through the letter box on the front of the store as I imagine it'll be PRETTY late (HAHAHAHA).  This will also ensure I do not incur those pesky late return fees!! HAHAHAHAHA.

P.S. Do you have to rewind the tapes when you've finished watching the fil-um?

Big Black Cocks Shoot Pearly White Cum or Happy Scrappy Hero Pups.

Â