The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've been asked by a friend to go see Gravity (it's an evening screening at work - don't ask but expect a smallish projector and nothing more). I've seen it. I thought it was OK but nothing fancy. Now this girl has asked me to go and I don't have the heart to say that I've seen it.

(Before you reprobates start commenting, this is a work colleague and a friend, nothing more. She has confidence issues, health problems and hates to be out in public. I feel that it is my good deed to say "Yes! That sounds awesome!")

She is probably on another forum for girls like cookingtalk.com telling everyone how she is doing a good deed for some shy work colleague with issues :)

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac? I'm an hour into it and don't whether to continue with the other three hours. Reviews range from self-indulgent crap to masterpiece. Bored with the fly-fishing but Shia labeouf's British accent is hilarious. 

Just watched "This is the End".

Thought it was bloody hilarious. Really funny. If you have an immature sense of humour, I think you'll like it - there's a lot of dick jokes. There's also some great cameo appearances.

The plot is very basic, but I don't think it matters. If you're a fan of guys like James Franco and Seth Rogan, I think you'll love it.

If not, you'll probably wanna avoid it.

Watched Filth last night, loved the book and thought the film was a pretty decent adaptation - uneasy viewing in places which mirrors the book's disturbing elements.

Fair play to McAvoy doing a decent job on DS Bruce Robertson but for me, Eddie Marsan steals it as Brother Clifford Blades.

Well worth watching!

zoolander still a good watch 7.8/10

Haven't played the video because I don't want to rinse my 3G but if that's the "...if they can't even fit in the building scene" it gets me every time, brilliant

• Like 1

been getting some amazing reviews, as in better than the guard and in brugges type reviews...

out of the 11th

If it's better than in Bruges then it's definitely worth a watch!!

Â