The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

National lampoon's Christmas vacation 10/10

Just finished watching this tonight. Me and the wife watch it every year.

"Where you gonna put that tree Griswold?"

"Why don't you bend over and I'll show you!"

Loved Chevy Chase in his prime. The master of deadpan.

• Like 2

the hobbit DoS

loved it, thought it got rid of the often misplaced humour of the 1st film and was a bit darker with more action, the barrel scene was good, smaug was brilliant (even if the CGI wasnt 100%) not even having to watch it in 3D could ruin it for me

i think by and large i can still get my head around most of the minor and major changes jackson is making, the she elf for example - 

i got why they put her in and that she provided some good padding to the elf king and legolas, but i didnt like the love story with kili

i liked bard's backstory and character padding, and the last half hour was good

still thought the gandalf / radagast side bit drags and smaug was maybe a bit too talky

Finally watched Django Unchained.. to be honest I was a bit disappointed. I think I was expecting it to be a masterpiece. It was good but not brilliant. Maybe my expectations were too high

I was exactly the same.  Real shame because all the ingredients were there too.

Just watched Let Him Have It ,great british film and a true story .Was made in 1991 ,so only god knows how i had missed it 

Yes Christopher eccleston as Derek Bentley. Totally stitched up by the police and the Judge. He was found guilty just on those words "Let him Have it" and the boy that killed the Policeman Craig did 10 years because he was  still a   juvenile. 

Two films i have enjoyed recently are Truecrimes and Run Lola Run

Edited by PaulC

Evangeline Lily in the Hobbit is just about the sexiest thing ever committed to camera

I couldn't stand her in LOST (always wanted her killed off) so I'm finding this hard to accept.

Â