World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Yeah, I am really enjoying it. The new talents and UI changes are a pleasure. My Lock is two or three sessions from dinging 80, I am seriously considering starting a Goblin in Cataclysm too.

Yeah, I am really enjoying it. The new talents and UI changes are a pleasure. My Lock is two or three sessions from dinging 80, I am seriously considering starting a Goblin in Cataclysm too.

I'm up for resubbing if you want to start with a new character when Cataclysm lands. I rather fancy exploring and progressing through all that is new.

No I don't think it is fun.

Well, approximately 12 million other people must do...

By the way, I might hop on your server if you lot are going to start from level one again. May even transfer over one of my 80s.

I am deffo going to roll a goblin, but will get my levelling lock to 80 first. Be cool if we all rolled one, and say, tried roughly to level together, say setting a couple of nights a week free for that character.

Am on 57 and 1/3 this evening - plan on outland before I log.

I did pay for dual spec, so I may well check this out...

But Soulburn for an instant cast, then hit with soulfire, means I have a powerful spell, in addition to the dots. Hit an ally same level as me for over 1.3 of his health in 1 shot, a couple of dots, and he was finished almost before he could run away. Lovely.

I did pay for dual spec, so I may well check this out...

But Soulburn for an instant cast, then hit with soulfire, means I have a powerful spell, in addition to the dots. Hit an ally same level as me for over 1.3 of his health in 1 shot, a couple of dots, and he was finished almost before he could run away. Lovely.

Everything is so good at the moment. Destruction is crazy fun, stuff explodes in seconds. With the right talents, Soul Fire is down to a 2.5 second cast and Soul Fire > Immolate > Conflagrate is good for 10k damage at my level even if nothing crits (level 80 mobs seem to have about 12k health, so the imp finishes them off) but when stuff does crit then its big numbers time. Big numbers are fun. :nod:

Demonology seems incredibly powerful though. The Felguard is as awesome as ever, his new abilities are awesome. I'd recommend a build like this which should see you able to handle even the hardest elite mobs.

I have found a simple rotation with Demonology works too. You open with Immolate, have your Felguard stun the target (axe toss) drop the Demonology specific nuke on the target (hand of gul'dan) and fill in the gaps with either Shadowbolt or Incinerate. Next talents should be 2/2 Cremation, Demonic Pact and Metamorphosis.

Everything that the Felguard can have on autocast is on autocast, but his two on demand abilities, axe toss and felstorm are on keybinds.

I have been trying to write some pet macros to make the keybinds easier. I have these at the moment:

Macro 1

/petattack

/cast [pet] Sacrifice; [pet] Invisibility; [pet] Singe Magic(Special Ability); [pet] Axe Toss(Special Ability)

/cast [pet] Devour Magic

Macro 2

/focus [pet]

/stopmacro [pet]

/cast [pet] Flee; [pet] Suffering; [pet] Seduction; [pet] Spell Lock; [pet] Felstorm(Special Ability)

I have Macro 1 on Shift & 1, and Macro 2 on Shift & 2.

With Demo, I am simply going:

1 (Immolate)

Shift & 1 (Axe Toss)

2 (Hand of Gul'dan)

4 (Incinerate)

If I need some extra damage, I'll throw in Felstorm. Felstorm is **** awesome, its basically the Arms Warriors 31 point talent bladestorm. Your demon turns into a helicopter and chops everything down. Seriously, try it.

I think Blizzard kind of copped out by essentially just shredding up existing landscapes instead of creating new ones. That's a bit disappointing. They also nerfed mages :x

But of course I'll be getting the XP, and see if it's any good. In a way I hope it sucks, because then I won't waste so much free time!

In fairness to Blizzard, they created new zones, and adjusted almost all of the old ones. This is almost certainly the most work they've put into any expansion so far. And mages are in pretty good shape.

Yeah, I retract the nerf statement. I initially specced to fire after the patch, and my dps sunk way down. So a specced back to arcane and I'm topping the charts. I'm actually enjoying pvp as arc now too.

Can't stand my pally after update, it's horrible. Apparently holy is meant to be the new retro but man I'm struggling. Mana, choosing what limited spells to use, meh.

Also getting 1 shotted by rogues in PvP since update, that must be fun. :P

Can't stand my pally after update, it's horrible. Apparently holy is meant to be the new retro but man I'm struggling. Mana, choosing what limited spells to use, meh.

Also getting 1 shotted by rogues in PvP since update, that must be fun. :P

I know, rogues are hitting like warriors now :?

Â