World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Shammy was actually playing on the back of my mind. It's an interesting class, alliance never really saw much of it. Never had any experience with it nor do I know what they actually do so yeah, why not.

If I were rolling a new class now it would be Shaman. Dual spec and all that.

Shaman is DPS DPS Healer.

Druid is Caster DPS, Melee DPS, Tank, Healer. Probably the most versatile class in the game.

Mages have portals. :D

Cool stuff.

Dunno if I am going to buy Cataclysm right out of the gate though. All of the low level content has changed so I could just make a Troll character and play through their brand new starting zone and have fun that way. You could just re-up your existing account and be good to go to at least level 70.

I'm in no rush to buy Cataclysm just yet myself. The main draw though is the fact the game is pretty much all new to me again so yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean I want to level one of the new races. I don't plan on creating a new account though and will re-sub my old one, picking up WotLK while I'm at is (it's only £8 via Blizz these days correct?)

Edit: Nope, it's still £29.99 - **** off Blizz. I'm sure I heard it was £8 at some point but perhaps that was a limited offer. Anyway, Amazon have it for £12 so that's not too bad.

I'm in no rush to buy Cataclysm just yet myself. The main draw though is the fact the game is pretty much all new to me again so yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean I want to level one of the new races. I don't plan on creating a new account though and will re-sub my old one, picking up WotLK while I'm at is (it's only £8 via Blizz these days correct?)

Edit: Nope, it's still £29.99 - **** off Blizz. I'm sure I heard it was £8 at some point but perhaps that was a limited offer. Anyway, Amazon have it for £12 so that's not too bad.

It was £8, but I guess it must have been a limited offer. Quite shocking that they have put it back up...

It's just taking advantage of the business model Steam has proved works. Sell a game at a stupidly cheap price, it gets a lot of hype on the internet, put the price back up to full and people still buy it in droves. It happens all the time on iPhone too, how many times do you see a game given away for free or sold for 59p so it gets in the charts, then they put the price up? Its pretty much the only way to sell things at the moment.

WotLK will drop down again very soon though. Cataclysm will see to that.

HeVSil.jpg

Oh, and speaking of getting the band back together, anybody recognise these names?

I don't think I realised quite how addictive WoW could be until yesterday. A bloke come into the shop and was absolutely desperate to know how soon we could sell him the Limited Edition of Cataclsym and how much for. He was literally shaking with a sort of nervous excitement. Explained that he wanted to buy the Limited Edition but knew we would be more expensive than on the net, but if he ordered from somewhere like Play he wouldn't get it on release so was wiling to pay the extra whatever we charged to buy it and play it on release.

Really wasn't happy when we told him we didn't know the price yet. He had the same kind of look someone would have if you told them their beloved dog was dead.

When I logged on mid/late afternoon, there were reputedly already 19 level 85 players on the Tarren Mill server......

And something I haven't seen since we were all on Deathwing together... - queues - present waiting time 17 mins to get on - mind, was perfect earlier, and flying above ogrimmar - way to go!

Â