The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Real Madrid- Biggest underachievers of the past 10 years.

How exactly do you figure that? Because they have spent a lot of money?

Whatever they spend won't change the fact that they have been up against one of THE great club sides in the history of the sport and whatever they spend won't make the Barcelona team who have so often beaten them to the prize any worse.

Bayern did have a great season last season obviously, but when you consider the competition their last decade hasn't been good. 5 league titles out of 10 in that league? It'd be like Celtic not winning the SPL half the time without Rangers in there. The money they've spent in comparison to their rivals in just so massive. People can gush over Dortmund all they want and they've done a fantastic job, but there's no excuse for Bayern for letting them take back-to-back titles. Least not 3 other clubs taking the title in the past decade also.

Back to Spain, and I don't know whether this is a criticism of the league or not, but Atletico have made a perfect start.  P8, W8, L0, D0, Pts24.  Guess who's top of the table?

Yep, Barcelona. 

have to say maybe its just me but it seems their is no interest in La Liga this season from neutrals. Not many people i speak with are watching it, think finally people are sick of Madrid/Barca dominance

Personally I think ive watched 2 games myself and that was Madrid derby and Malaga vs Vallecano because was nothing else on and saw a defence as bad as Villa

Feed:

The Spanish Football Podcast

URL:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheSpanishFootballPodcast

Description:

Join Phil Kitromilides and Sid Lowe in Madrid every week for the definitive English language podcast on La Liga and Spanish football.

This is a good little podcast, mostly because it's NOT the Barcelona & Real Madrid hour.

• Like 1

And why wouldn't the denial be true? Because the accusation was printed in a glorified Real Madrid fanzine?

Yes, it's odd that such a known pro Real Madrid paper would come out with a negative story for once.

Not really, they are in the business of selling copies of their paper to Real Madrid fans so stuff on Bale is going to be of great interest. A Bale exclusive will almost certainly lead to a spike in sales so they have a financial incentive to sensationalise their story.  It might be true, yes, but more likely it's just the footballing equivilant of The Metro speculating about the future of the national railway network again. 

No no LondonLax I think we can clearly say from that comprehensive clip that he's a serial kid tripper and possible kitten exploder. Rolly thingies.

Â