The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

as for Owen he did well in Spain but he never settled or tried learn the language unlike McManaman and even Woodgate, his problem ws the politics at the club as was behind Raul and Ronaldo and also he replaced Morientes who was popular at the club

its probably the most unhyped Clasico in a long time. think be 1-1

I think it needed to be played down a little.  People were getting sick of having the Classico rammed down their throats.  Maybe it was because Barcelona and Madrid play each other half a dozen times a season and despite what the media (especially SKY) would have us believe, it's impossible for every meeting to be the BIGGEST GAME EVER. 

You say this half a dozen times a season.  ;)

That's because it pisses me off. It's like when Man Utd vs Chelsea was hyped as the biggest and best game EVER despite the fact it almost always ended up being 0-0 and boring.

It was probably Ray Hudson, who stole Sid Waddell act lock, stock and barrel.  I'd imagine that is why Hudson can never get any work from a British network, the Americans he spends his days talking to have no idea how unoriginal his schtick actually is. 

It was probably Ray Hudson, who stole Sid Waddell act lock, stock and barrel.  I'd imagine that is why Hudson can never get any work from a British network, the Americans he spends his days talking to have no idea how unoriginal his schtick actually is. 

I didn't get a name but his co-commentator was american so im sure it was the same guy. 

Â