The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

To say Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games is harsh although I do think when you watch them (messi and ronaldo) on the same pitch, Messi just seems the more complete footballer, although helped by the fact Barca dominate the ball but Ronaldo doesn't help himself by taking on ridiculous shots any time he's within 40 yards of the Barca goal.

it might be but for me if put them in any team in world Ronaldo would do more damage. If they played for Stoke and WBA respectively id say Ronaldo would do more damage than MEssi

Not that it makes a difference and we could never tell, but I absolutely completely disagree with this.

I think it would be quite the opposite.

Apparently he will sign a new contract at Madrid at the end the season until 2018.. at 33 the contract will expire if it goes ahead, it will be interesting to see how he performs at that age.. he would've lost some pace so would have to adapt his game I still reckon he will be scoring ridiculous goals at that age though.

Yeah I reckon you're right.

His pace adds a lot to his game, but his technique and power are huge assets too, and he won't lose much, if any, of that.

And to be fair, given the condition he's in, assuming he doesn't let himself go, I bet at 33 he'll still be faster than most players out there.

He probably won't be one of the best players in the world at that age, but he'll still be a very very good player.

Should be a good game, but I see the same outcome as 2009. Barcelona in the final.

Chelsea need to stop Barca from getting the away goal. Because in the Nou Camp, you just know Barca will score.

If Chelsea play Lampard in midfield then it will be pretty routine for Barca. Games just pass him by these days.

It may well be routine anyway because Chelsea seem to obsess over playing with wingers despite only having one in Malouda. Ramires on the wing, what's that about? Fair enough when you want to double up on Bale but otherwise... Don't get it.

I predict an easy enough win over two legs for Barca.

And now that I've said it, Chelsea will win and Lampard will have a blinder...

Â