The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

McLeish's position untenable and Guardiola wants to work in the Premier League :detect:

He could develop Hutton into our Alves.

i remember somebody said Heskey was new Beckenbauer :oops:

It's the most unshocking shocking news ever! I'm sure several of us on here have suggeted it over the last year, I know I have

what's the official line? Tired? To be fair you can see it in his face, I thought it would becuase he'd had enough of the arguing above him mixed in with cruyffs record 4 titles in a row

I'm sure he could be the worlds most expensive gardner if he wanted to be, graham hunters book reckons he knows the youngsters there just as well as the starting 11, I'm sure barca don't want him and 5 of them rocking up somewhere else

will also be very interesting if our media unsettle Chelsea / di matteo before the final with a ton of bullshit links

It's been coming for the last 2/3 years. Just a matter of when.

Fancy AVB or Luis Enrique to get it. Luis Enrique took over Pep as Barcelona B manager and led them to "theoretical" promotion (Barca B can't be in same division as 1st team). Now in charge of Roma. Took Bojan with him last summer.

I think it is fair to say he is Barcelonas most successful manager of all time, way ahead of Johan Cruyff.

3 league titles

2 European Cups

2 Spanish Cups, and potentially a third one.

And a few world club cups too

As well as dominating Real Madrid over the past 4 years and recording record points totals n the league and playing incredible attaking football. There is nothing more for him to achieve, he has done it all. It is probably the right time for him to leave.

I think it is fair to say he is Barcelonas most successful manager of all time, way ahead of Johan Cruyff.

not really. Cruyff ideas is the reason they are winning today and producing players like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago all brought into club to play with some style. So club is still

Also Barcelona 4-0 United was better than any performance ive seen from this team even better than the 5-0 vs Real Madrid (though Milan slaughtering them in final was better than both :D

not really. Cruyff ideas is the reason they are winning today and producing players like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago all brought into club to play with some style. So club is still

Also Barcelona 4-0 United was better than any performance ive seen from this team even better than the 5-0 vs Real Madrid (though Milan slaughtering them in final was better than both :D

I had a feeling someone pull me up on the Guardiola v Cruyff comparison. When I say Guardiola is the best coach in Barcelona history, I am looking what he has achieved in such a short space of time.

I have just done a check. I think it is a very close, so I was slightly wrong, but Pep still comes out on top. Cruyff has 1 more league win, Guardiola has 1 more European cup win. And they have won roughly the same amount of "minor" trophies.

As for the Manchester United 4-0, I dont think it was as good as their 5-0 win against madrid and many pundits and people who have watched the game for many years say the 5-0 was the best club performanc ever.

yeah but Guardiola has 2 of the best players ever in his team in Xavi and Messi and also other top players at time like Iniesta, Villa, Alves, Eto'o, Zlatan, and Cesc,.

Cruyff has some very good players too but no all time greats closest being probably Romario

I do agree, Guardiola has benefited from having some top players at his disposal. There is no doubt about that. But he still won those trophies and still dominated Madrid like no other coach has done.

Will be interesting to see who is next. I think possibly Emery or Luis Enrique.

He is taking a year off for Personal Reasons could tell from interview on monday he was worn out and tired. Next move could be interesting for club as if wrong man could fall miles behind Real

Im sure this opinion will be laughed at, but I've not enjoyed watching a team as much as bilbao for a long long time.

And that includes barca.

What a talent lloriente (sp?) is. agree Ryan, the average age of this squad is 24.

What are bilbaos finances like? Just wonder if they are in danger of having this team sold off?

They usually put high release clauses on their players and if a club enquires about a player they are simply told pay the release clause.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I think the suprise for me, is unlike yourself and other members that use this thread, i don't watch much Spanish football. So of course when you watch barca or real you expect skill, wonderful balls wonderful goals, these guys are household names.

As a guy that does not watch la liga its come as some what of a suprise. apart from llorente (and only because i read real wanted him) I've never even heard of half these guys.

And the performance at old trafford was one of the best performances I've ever seen, absolutely no fear.

With regard to release clauses, what would be in llorentes contract? Think I've got a man crush :D

Â