The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

17 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Yeah, horrendous result for Escriba against his former club. He may be on borrowed time. Thought Villarreal had a good window too with Fornals, Bacca and Unal. Lost Musacchio, but young talents like Rodri and Castillejo a year older. Rated Escriba at Getafe but not doing so well atm, given what's at his disposal.

Well, Escriba has been shown the door. B team boss Javi Calleja now in charge.....

Watching Real Sociedad - Real Betis.

Already 2-2 after 30 mins. It's really wt so the game is a bit difficult.

One of the Sociedad players just slid into to the advertising boards head first at high speed but seem to be OK.

Anoeta really is a terrible stadium with running tracks and the stands behind the goal closed off.

Entertaining game thou, if not well played due to the conditions.

DLPdREhW0AEOmE3.jpg

Gareth Bale's injury history in the last seasons.

13 injuries in 4 years. 48 games missed and potentially out for another month with his current injury.

It's not looking good, is it.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Serious: if this split happens in Spain, what happens to the clubs in Catalonia?

They'll stay in La Liga is my guess, once everyone settles down I expect people won't want to rock the boat too much.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They'll stay in La Liga is my guess, once everyone settles down I expect people won't want to rock the boat too much.

I remember reading a while back that if the split happened, Spain would kick Barcelona out of La Liga, and the french league actually came in saying that they'd allow the Catalonian clubs to join their league. 

Â