The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Real Madrid are a stupid **** football club. Piss loads away on players every year and sack managers every 12 months then wonder why Barcelona are winning more than them.

I can't stand them as a football club, I mean they sacked Capello twice after he won the league twice and they sacked del Bosque who was in charge for 4 years and won two leagues, 2 champion leagues, 1 spanish super cup, 1 intercontinental cup and 1 Uefa super cup. I mean who else would pull that crap?

I hope they finish 3rd and win **** all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Real Madrid are a stupid **** football club. Piss loads away on players every year and sack managers every 12 months then wonder why Barcelona are winning more than them.

I can't stand them as a football club, I mean they sacked Capello twice after he won the league twice and they sacked del Bosque who was in charge for 4 years and won two leagues, 2 champion leagues, 1 spanish super cup, 1 intercontinental cup and 1 Uefa super cup. I mean who else would pull that crap?

I hope they finish 3rd and win **** all

I think there is a very good chance they will finish third. Even without Martinez, Vietto and Torres firing Atletico are still 4pts clear of their neighbours and I think its a matter of time before Vietto and Martinez start producing.

Mourinho will come back in and lose the dressing room quickly.

FWIW this is not a Mourinho job as Real are about to get a transfer ban after this window and we know he wont have patience for that

he hasnt done great at Castilla and be a risky move but think they might go for an old face to steady the ship

I think they could do worse than bring back Pellegrini if Guardiola goes to City as he will let the players play and not get involved in conflict like Rafa or Jose. Dont see it happening as Perez doesnt like him or bring back Heynckes

I quite like Benitez and always feel he is treated very badly by the English press, but I'm not surprised. They are terrible right now, utterly inconsistent even during matches. Last night they looked world-beaters for 20 minutes but in the end were lucky to even get a point.

After 10 matches they were top of the league having conceded just four goals. In the last 8 their league record is Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 3 (13 points) and they've conceded 14 in those 8 games, including the rout by Barcelona. Their victories in that time have been wholly unconvincing except for the freak result against Rayo when the ref intervened to allow them to play against 9 men for 70 minutes.

Since 2010 they're only on their fourth manager which is actually no different from practically any other club these days.

Edited by gordoncharles

9 minutes ago, gordoncharles said:

Since 2010 they're only on their fourth manager which is actually no different from practically any other club these days.

Since they appointed Jose we have had 6 permanent managers not including as many part-time managers :P

Anyone reckon Alex Halihovic is going to make it at Barca?

Been very good at Sporting Gijon apparently so watched most of their game v Getafe tonight and he was the best player on the pitch.

Croatia having a bit of a golden spell with midfielders atm, Modric and Rakitic have probably got enough in the tank to get through to 2018 world cup and then Kovacic and Halihovic can take over or they could even field a combination at this summers euros. 

Seen a fair few rumours they want another midfielder in January so who knows, also seen links for samper to leave with a buy back clause included, not sure how they'll use turan, they then also have rafinha and Sergi Roberto in front of him, will be hard to break through that's for sure

Rafa  has made a fortune from being paid off hasn't he? 

Best part of 5 years at Liverpool on his new contract when he got sacked. Then sacked in his first year at Inter and first year at Real Madrid. There's more money in failing than succeeding it seems.

Â