The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Yep.

No wonder there's the "It's just Madrid and Barca" thing, all you get is Madrid and Barca fans whinging at each other and the opposition.

Ok i'll move it on...

Whilst Athletic are struggling in Liga I must say they have been a joy to watch in Europa League.

Not to mention they are in the Copa Del Rey Final which is a huge achievement.

One of the most exciting teams I have seen play.

they never have before. THink they are too young to mount a consistent CL push this season. Bielsa is a footballing genius, would love more managers showed courage to set up a team like he does.

Pity his players were knackered to play his system in 2002 World Cup

Yup, the manager has done an incredible job there. They play like an CL club.

Expeirence will help them in europe.

In Europe, most certainly. They've dismantled United twice and mugged Schalke very heavily despite the latter dominating most of it.

in La Liga, however, different story.

Looking at the end of the season, can't see past Barca for the title personally. Madrid's run-in is about as hard as it can possibly be.

EDIT: Just put some money on Barca to win the league. Ideally my dreadful betting record continues.

Very much agreed, Bielsa is a great coach and gets his sides playing brilliantly entertaining football. I also like their cantera policy, and the fans really know how to create an atmosphere.
The match they had against Barca a few months ago was great where they really should have won. They got special praise from Pep too.

As for the title, I fancy Madrid. A 'tough run in' to Madrid/Barca isn't really tough unless they have to play each other for the last 3 games.

am sure same was said last season about Valencia and Sevilla and they smashed both of them, Atletico is their version of Fulham at home except in both games. not sure when Bilbao game is but they could have big European tie.

Really think Barca will win it? I just don't see Real Madrid dropping enough points and Barca not slipping once.

They need a defender who can play left back for sure. Abidal returning or not, he is getting on and they lack quality and depth there. Puyol also probably coming to the end of his best years, Pique not looking as collosus as he did and Masch despite being very good still can be caught out. I think left back and centre back are the main positions. I know he plays further forward but could you imagine Gareth Bale and Dani Alves in both full back positions then Thiago Silva alongside Pique/Mascherano. Ohhhhh that'd be special. Plus Bale can play further forward. They won't but that's me dreaming.

I get a feeling that Keita and a winger forward will be let go, maybe Villa or Pedro who hasn't progressed this season.

Really think Barca will win it? I just don't see Real Madrid dropping enough points and Barca not slipping once.

It will be close. I feel like the pressure could get to Madrid if they lose in Barcelona. I've put money on Barca, that's how much I think they could do it!

It will be close. I feel like the pressure could get to Madrid if they lose in Barcelona. I've put money on Barca, that's how much I think they could do it!

Hope you win! :)

Â