General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. blandy: I checked with Nicky after your comment and I remain convinced that, in totality, we are the cheapest in the Premiership. I will not get into an argument with you....we have the total picture, you do not. If you want to do the research on seat location, seat number, seat price, game price, pricing history, etc. etc. , have at it. Suffice it to say that I stand by my statement. BUT, you are missing the REAL point. My point is simply that since Randy has been owner, he has NOT played games with the Fans. He has acknowledged the economic situation and has kept ticket prices low. He has done this whilst still investing heavily in both players and infrastructure. He has worked mightly to keep focused on the fans, the ethos and history of the Club and in seeking a "bright future." Neither Randy nor I nor the Board are looking to "be complimented"...that is not why we are doing it. We believe in Aston Villa Football Club and what it stands for. If you have problems with this...with prices...with the PL...etc, I cannot help you. The best I can do is try and explain who we are and why we act as we do.

2. DalianDaley: To a point, you are correct. Unfortunately, it is not quite that "clean." The more folks at the park, the more employees required, the more work to be done, etc. etc. At some point, the cost/benefit line goes corkscrew. The revenue may be the same but the expenditures increase. That is one of the reasons why Nicky Keye is so good...she works hard to maintain low prices and still bring in more revenue that is expended.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Just seen the prices for the Brighton FA Cup game :) and well done to the club for again listening and keeping prices as low as possible. I hope we get a big crowd on the day to cheer the lads on.

One complaint I have - why didn't Randy sort the bloody weather out in Blackburn. Gutted the game was postponed and he has gone down in my estimations! ;-)

General, just so you know - my post regarding free tickets for some games was purely a suggestion from a business and revenue point of view. I was interested in your point of view regarding generating funding from alternative sources. After all, the ability to adapt is the best weapon in financially challenging times.

General Krulak here:

1. blandy: I checked with Nicky after your comment and I remain convinced that, in totality, we are the cheapest in the Premiership. I will not get into an argument with you....we have the total picture, you do not. If you want to do the research on seat location, seat number, seat price, game price, pricing history, etc. etc. , have at it. Suffice it to say that I stand by my statement. BUT, you are missing the REAL point. My point is simply that since Randy has been owner, he has NOT played games with the Fans. He has acknowledged the economic situation and has kept ticket prices low. He has done this whilst still investing heavily in both players and infrastructure. He has worked mightly to keep focused on the fans, the ethos and history of the Club and in seeking a "bright future." Neither Randy nor I nor the Board are looking to "be complimented"...that is not why we are doing it. We believe in Aston Villa Football Club and what it stands for. If you have problems with this...with prices...with the PL...etc, I cannot help you. The best I can do is try and explain who we are and why we act as we do.

General. Thank you and Nicola for checking, it's great that we can raise concerns and know that people will look into them.

I feel from part of your overall answers that maybe what i have tried to say has not been recieved in the way I intended.

To clarify, I have no criticism, and have raised none, in terms of what Randy or anyone else has done in terms of listening to the fans, focusing on the ethos on the club and such like. Indeed I've posted many times to commend what Randy, Nicola etc... have done in that regard. It's hugely appreciated by me and I'm sorry if you feel I am not somehow acknowledging that. I do. I'm genuinely delighted, if surprised you'd raise this as your "REAL point" in reply to my comment. That's not, for a moment, in dispute from me.

With regards to the Premier League, I wanted to put across my view that it is too money oriented, and that this filters down into what supporters pay. I don't expect you or Randy or Nic to make this stop, but I did want you to know that it's an issue for (some) fans. Do with that as you will. At least you know about it.

With regards to our ticket prices - yes, they are the least expensive of the "big" Clubs, and that's a good thing. Again, I'm pleased that Villa is acting in this way.

With regards to claims that we are the overall cheapest club in the Prem, you're right I don't have the "total picture" that Nicola does. There's two things here.

1. It's good that our prices are set from an informed position of what others are doing. Again, thank you. It's just what I'd expect from good people.

2. I do have a picture, from going to games all over the country following Villa. I know what I pay for a seat at Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Blackburn, Sunderland....and all the others. I also have the ability to look at the Clubs ticket pages on the internet. For someone who wishes to go and watch a game somewhere, the best price is not, to my reading, at Villa Park. That would be 17 quid for a Cat B game at Blackburn Rovers. Their most expensive tickets in the best seat are 35 quid - 8 pounds less than our most expensive. At Wigan the equivalent is £30 - 13 less than at VP. Their cheapest tickets, true are £1 more than ours. I therefore remain unpersuaded that your claim is strictly accurate. - though I don't dispute we get better value than they do.

I didn't want to get into war and peace, but I do feel that if a claim is made it should be something that can be substantiated. You clearly feel your claim can be, so I'll leave it. There's more important things than trading views on ticket prices when our value is undoubtedly better. Thanks for looking into it.

Don't mean to interupped, but i was speaking to a few people outsidetje eimrates and we got speaking about ticket prices! I payed £32.50 for my ticket bought through our club! The arsenal fans pay £50 a ticket! Also one guy pays £1800 a season for his, which works out around £95! So my point is as away fans we still dontknow how much the home fans pay, so we cannot judge if ours or their tickets are cheaper! All ican say is, we are so lucky As value for money, we are miles ahead of anyone inthis league, and I will never complain about prices! (only for blues away, thieving &£"&&)

I seriously believe we are the cheapest club in the league! UTV

General Krulak here:

Fair play, General. I don't think any reasonable fan could find fault with the excellent things you and Randy are doing for our Club.

Hello Gen

Regarding the recent comments on ticket pricing,

I completely understand the clubs position on ticket prices, without this revenue we will never be able to compete at the level where we all want to be

I know this is probably a little bit of an over simplified view of things, but, would it not be better to sell 40k tickets at £15 instead of 20k at £30?

Its the same revenue either way, surely?

I know the General has already replied to this but I just wanted to make the point that the club only charged between £15-£20 per adult ticket for the Blackburn FA Cup game, and still only managed to get 25,000+ through the doors!

I know the Blackburn game came shortly after Christmas and that the financial situation for most isn't great, but it still seems to me that we wouldn't have filled the ground even if we had charged £10 per adult ticket - just as we are for the Brighton game. I think this is mainly because of the other outlays that come with attending a football match, such as programmes, travel, food, drinks etc. It may only cost £10 to attend the game but I bet the average fan spends at least a further £20 per matchday - I know that I do!

With us having 4 home games within 10 days, the potential outlay for some will be massive towards the end of this month, especially if we have a Carling Cup Final ticket to buy as well :)

Gen

After reading the last few pages about the prices / amount of games we have can I just say a big well done and thanks to the club regarding the Brighton game.

I am brassick at the moment, but should be able to afford the prices so cheers.

Whilst on the subject though can I ask a favour. For the last few cup games the official site has said

Adult - from £10 - £15 etc...

However, it has never said the actual amount for the area of the ground you sit - ie; I sit Holte End Lower - is it £10 , is it £15 - or is it inbetween.

Can the club think about this for future (hopefully) cup games, it would help everyone to plan their finances, and if the prices have been set, you must know.

Cheers

gutted about last night, I had got all prepared, lucky boxers washed and everything !

EDIT

To put things into perspective

I would never say our tickets are too cheap. I want to pay the least I possibly can, and to be honest, I am actually worried we do qualify for champions league as I just can't see how I am going to be able to afford to go to the games.

However, I live in Hereford. Now if anyone has ever been to Hereford, it is the worst, without doubt, ground in the 92 clubs. It hosts bottom of division 2 football - and the cheapest ticket ......... £17

So i don't think we can complain somehow !

General, I have no question to ask!

I'd just like to state that I am on a basic salary, I'm 22, I live in a rented house, I fund/insure a car and have no problem with paying £350 + for my season ticket and have, this month alone, bought tickets for all 3 Blackburn games and the Brighton game.

Good work, keep it up!

Pass on the good words to Randy!

Hi General,

Just wondering, would it ever be considered/possible that the crest that used to be on the old trinity road and used to epitomise Villa Park, could be incorporated on the current stand in some form one day?

2322117128_bce716047e_m.jpg

And some praise - the prices for the Brighton & Hove Albion Cup game are absolutely excellent. Well done to Villa and and to Brighton for agreeing them. I hope people take up the chance to go to a game for what is a very good price.

Gen,

Just a question towards yourself seeing as we're all baring a really tough time atm with the snow!

Whats the worst weather you've been in in combat i remember learning about the 101st airborne in bastogne and the snow.

just wondering with yourself

Cheers

Pete McVeigh

All this talk of ticket prices is becoming a little tedious.....

Since Randy has taken the helm at the club ticket prices have imho been very reasonable....£20 for Blackburn, £15 for Brighton....bring a friend schemes, kids for a fiver, a family for £40, season tickets for the lower North Stand etc etc.....for this and everything else Randy and the club have to be applauded....none of this would have happened under the old regime....and.....we should never ever ever compare ourselves with Wigan and Blackburn...if thats what we are striving for then heaven help us....

General, keep up the good work.....but.....please tell us when you are planning your next visit to VP so i can keep an eye out for you in the Holte suite so i can shake your hand...

its been too long now....we all want to know...

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket prices: Let me just say that Randy, The Board and the people at Villa Park have spent a great deal of time trying to understand the economic issues faced by our Fans and correlating those issues with the issue of financing the Club. We will ALWAYS do everything possible to be fair to the fans. We listen to the fans and we attempt to meet expectations. We cannot always be all things to all people but we try. Please give us the benefit of your WISE advice...based upon your understanding of the needs to keep the Club competitive.

2. Believe me, both Randy and I will be at the Games!! My problem is simply that I need to have the doctors give me the go ahead.

3. Worst weather in combat for me was, in reality, the heat of the jungles of VietNam...heat and humidity.