General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General.

The cheaper tickets worked a treat today with about 40k fans in attendance (biggest home attendance this weekend I think in the cup)

That sensible approach from the club meant many fans who wouldn't have been able to afford it could see the team again.

So well done Villa :cheers:

Seconded.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. O2 comms: Honest to goodness, I am not sure what the Club can do about this. We certainly have little sway over that company and we sure can't put up a tower ourselves. Most businesses respond to disgruntled customers...maybe the key is to get a bunch of folks who have the same problem to "have a go" at O2.

2. Great result today. We are through to the next round. The young lads played extremely well and give us hope for the future. We will certainly need the depth as we move through the season and Cup games.

3. Tickets: I wish we had 200,000 for the Wembley stadium but we don't. We only have what has been allocated. I truly am sorry. We are looking at doing something at Villa Park for those who didn't get a ticket....we just need to make sure we are legally able to do so.

General, being a season ticket holder in upper Holte, i dont get to visit the Holte Suite at half time. However today i went with friends in lower Holte. This meant we ventured into The Holte Suite at half time, instead of waiting for the fastfood they sell (which im not complaining about) So into my point, it was my first visit in the Suite it had be re-done, and it looks amazing, quality work there. The screens, chairs, tables, even the carpet was done to a very high standard. Plus i had one of the chicken currys, with rice, naan and poppodums for £3.50 and it was superb. It taste quite good and very well price. So well done on that front General.

Secondly, tickets for the final i think have been done fair. Season ticket holders have shown most commitment this season, doesnt matter about previous season, we didnt get to wembley them. Will you be in attendance?

Just a quick one to say cheers for the pricing structure yesterday, and hopefully the attendance shows credence for future cup games against lower league opposition. £10 and £5 for kids is a great price and one I would bring friends to (yesterday I bought someone who knows nothing about football, yet she was interested due to the low price of £10).

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and keep the champagne on ice, we're going to Wembley twice ;)

Hi Gen.. great move again by the club with the prices nr 40k is fantastic for low key opposition...

Anyway i was thinking about the fans that cant make the trip to wembely... What about a giant screen around the halfway line mark facing the holte end!

Or maybe on the touch line of the doug ellis facing the Trinity road stand... Could get max use out of the hospitality packages aswell that way!..

Just a thought...

Hello General

I've now come to the conclusion that if I want any refreshments at half time when there is a near full attendance I will miss some of the game. For the Blackburn semi-final, I was in the Trinity upper, queued for 15 minutes and missed 3 minutes of the second half while I chucked my beer down my neck (one of the last 3 beers, so was lucky).

Yesterday in the upper Holte, again me a and my little brothers queued for 15 minutes, but this time, no pies, and no beer no cider (the small kiosk that doesn't sell chips at the bottom of K5). What a waste of 15 minutes. Luckily I was just emerging from the concourse (empty handed) literally as Downing put the cross in for Young to majestically nod home (get in!).

Of course the football is by far and away my reason for attending, but I just don't feel content sitting down for the second half without my fill :)

Now I thank you General for all the great things that Randy, you and all the team have done under his stewardship to our great football club. But if the queueing time can be brought down then it would greatly improve my match day experience.

Having worked in catering management I've never understood why there can't be a 'beer only' stall. This would deal with the people who just want a beer quickly and efficiently thus greatly reducing the pressure on the full service kiosks.

I hope that something can be sorted as I would hate to concede into leaving my seat after 40 minutes.

Now after securing a League Cup final place, being in the draw for the 5th round of the FA Cup and a strong position in the Premier League, with a great squad of exciting young players my moan seems quite trivial, but this brings me nicely onto my next point:

I understand that you're never going to please everyone regarding Final tickets, but I'd like to draw your attention to my situation regarding booking history. My Dad is a season ticket holder, and because he can get tickets before they go on general sale, he'll often purchase a ticket for me. I now understand after talking to the ticket office that he should have gave my client reference number upon ordering my ticket. I also understand that these games cannot be added to my booking history retrospectively, further more I understand that my Dad will not be able to purchase a second ticket once they go on sale to supporters with booking history, even though he has more booking history than me (on top of his season card), this seems unjust as he's quite trim and couldn't possible take up two seats ;) . So as I said, I know that you wont be able to please everyone, and I know that I have not followed procedure to the book, but this doesn't make me a less loyal supporter.

Thanks for your time General

Regards Mark

Its unlikely I will get a ticket to Wembley but I would definately come up to VP for the occasion. You know, I was sat browsing my phone just now and read through my texts from Wednesday night, just relieving the stress I went through and then it hit me... WE ARE AT WEMBLEY! We are on the way up and its thanks to Randy, thanks to you General and everybody EVERYBODY over the past 3 years since you arrived and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel after all that hurt we went through, its thanks to you guys and I just cannot find the words to thank you, this means so much. THANK YOU.

have just came on to say that prices for the brighton game was spot on, a good crowd for a unatractive fixture. reason i have posted is because i am watching the Stoke v Arsenal game and is so many empty seats, if the stoke fans can`t fill thier stadium for that fa cup fixture i do wonder where the FA cup is heading though.

keep up the good work and the right pricing General its worth it for all parties, am sure we would of gained some new fans from yesterday who have not seen villa park before

General Krulak here:

1. AVFCChris: Sorry about the catering. I can assure you that our catering folks read this thread and will take on board your concerns. Re. your Dad and the tickets: This is one where you should call Nicky Keye and explain the issue and see what she has to say.

2. Re: ticket prices: Again, we try to listen to our Fans. Nicky Keye is the force behind making the initial recommendations re. ticket prices. She and her team do a good job and try to make recommendations that meet fan expectations but also being in a modicum of revenue.

3. We are working on how to deliver the Finals at Villa Park.

Having worked in catering management I've never understood why there can't be a 'beer only' stall. This would deal with the people who just want a beer quickly and efficiently thus greatly reducing the pressure on the full service kiosks.

Just to answer this for you, the villa took this idea off a fans suggestion and when they tried it in the Holte upper it worked treat, they even did a pie and a pint but the council health and safety busy bodies said they had to be removed as they were not "permanent structures" or something like that. Villa had extra kiosks built too. I an say that although the service isn't right yet, it has improved massively over the past 3 seasons

Gen,

Can I ask a question, or can you poin me in the right direction.

My 10yr old son plays in a League, he's a good defender, and reads the game great - he is developing all the time, and if he gets speed to add to his brain, will be some player.

The goalkeeper "Jack" , is absolute quality, honestly. He has tried to be poached by virtually every other side in the league but has luckily said"he wants to stay with his mates"

I live in Herefordshire. Have Villa got scouts down here, as, each week, I see kids who you can tell are "a class above" and we should be aware of these.

Can you point me in the direction. By the way, if my son was picked, his middle name is "McGrath" for obvious reasons. What a story that would be in 10 yrs !.

Furthermore to 'paulanddonya's point.... I also live in Herefordshire, and played all through the junior ages.

The younger kids who have "something", when they reach a certain age, tend to move away from playing football. The kids dont get proper coaching around here, certainly from my experience.

Because Herefordshire is 'in the sticks', it never seems to get acknowledged. I have a friend, who is an excellent player, and was never scouted. He played locally for a team called Pegasus Juniors, and after a recent FA cup run, has been signed by a Blue Square Premier team at the age of 23. Im Positive with the right training from the youngest age, he could have made it. The talent is out there, even 'in the sticks'

Gen

A bit cheeky, expecting a goody and all that, but if we don't put suggestions forward, they won't happen.

If, and I mean if, the Villa are looking at a free give away for Wembley can I suggest something. In 2000 me and my mates bought half claret / half blue afro wigs (and I will up in the loft on my day off dusting it down ready for 28/02 !).

Could you imagine the site and colour of 31000 fans all in claret and blue wigs. Flags , you have to hold, so we'd wave them for a bit, then they would be put down, and picked up when we score. Wigs would stay on throughout creating an amazing site for the entire game, with the added bonus that you'r hands and mouths are free to keep the atmosphere going.

As I say, I know it is cheeky but you don't ask.

Also, can we get claret and blue balloons and streamers on sale quickly, we need stuff to create an unbelievable site.

I'm so excited I am on nights, and cannot sleep because the ticket info is supposed to be going on the site today !. If I fall asleep at work, I'll blame you if thats OK.

Up the Villa.

Paul

PS , you didn't answer my post a few pages back. Are we going to do a Wembley line of merchandising, ie: tee shirts etc.. I see the cockneys and scousers were out in force on Saturday outside the ground selling "dodgy" t-shirts - I would prefer something official.

Also, can you confirm whether we will play in home or away kit (or does that depend on who we get)

Mentioned this before but I think you missed it General.........but will Villa be doing any "extra special" prices as regards travel to the Final?

General Krulak here:

1. We are showing the Cup Finals at Villa Park...working the details now. Thinking to show them at the Holte Suite and Holte Pub and then open up more areas (82 Bar, Trinity Restaurant, Sky Lounge, etc.) if there is sufficient demand.

2. Transport to Wembley: We are working on this now. We hope to be putting on coaches and info on this should be released this week. We are also talking with Thomas Cook about other tranportation and trains.

3. Our iPhone application is in development now and should be available in the next month or so.

4. paulanddonya: Re. football talent...I would recommend you do what most do...get video of the lad and get it to Bodymoor Heath (Youth Director) and let him evaluate the film. If he sees something, he will react accordingly. Re. wigs....I confess that wigs are a bridge too far in my humble opinion. You all managed to get me to wear a horn helmet once but NO wigs.