Running

trimandson

3 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Did the stretch ......jaysus it was some job to get the leg that high anyways that and another stretch brought almost instant relief ...will reduce my miles for the next few weeks see how we go 

might cheer up your missus too :D

• 2 weeks later...

15 weeks to go ish until London.  Training is going quite well so far, and I'm slightly ahead of where I need to be according to the plan.  I'm going to aim for around 4 hours for my first one.  Ran for 10 miles on Tuesday night.  10 miles, I couldn't do 100 yards 4 months ago.

• Like 3

Back to it since Christmas,  not training for anything but helping a friend train for stafford half, 6 miles aren't causing my stamina any problems and fatigue in my legs has subsided. The issue I am having is my knee is painful a couple of days after the run so I have to wait for that to recover. Not running now till Monday. 

15 weeks to go ish until London.  Training is going quite well so far, and I'm slightly ahead of where I need to be according to the plan.  I'm going to aim for around 4 hours for my first one.  Ran for 10 miles on Tuesday night.  10 miles, I couldn't do 100 yards 4 months ago.

Yup full swing for me too. Did 18 split into two runs yesterday, but next week is 18 with 10 at planned marathon pace (6:18 min/mi) which is going to be pretty tough. I am doing a lot more mileage which is making a nice steady weight drop and currently the thinnest I've been since I was about 20. Still hoping to drop another half stone, think I will smash all my PBs at any distance if i can get the weight off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andyjsg said:

Yup full swing for me too. Did 18 split into two runs yesterday, but next week is 18 with 10 at planned marathon pace (6:18 min/mi) which is going to be pretty tough. I am doing a lot more mileage which is making a nice steady weight drop and currently the thinnest I've been since I was about 20. Still hoping to drop another half stone, think I will smash all my PBs at any distance if i can get the weight off.

Have some cake to celebrate :D ........

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Got my first ever proper race tomorrow, a 5K in Douglas.

All the best. Ignore everyone who goes off too fast, you'll overtake them when they die after half way.

Have some cake to celebrate [emoji3] ........

The added bonus of running 40 miles a week is you can have your cake and eat it too :-) :-)

1 hour ago, StigVillan said:

Marriage fell apart a few months after the move to Erdington. Wife moved in with the guy she was having an affair with in Reading and I decided to stay here... 

bloody hell, sorry to hear that mate. anyway hope your ok buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Whats your average time and pb at 10k mate?

Pb on a 10k is 49.57 and that was during the half marathon .....averaging 50-53 on the 10k .....I will be doing a 10 mile in 2 weeks so will try and push it for a pb then 

2nd run back from a 10-12 week layoff last night, and I managed to finish my 5.5km without too many issues, but in 33 minutes or so.

I might do some sprint training to get my speed back up and burn some fat. What sort of things do people recommend? I was just thinking of going to a park and picking two spots 50-80m apart and starting each sprint on the minute 20 times or so.

Does that sound reasonable?

Â