Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/24 at 22:59

Posted (edited)

First match I haven't been able to watch all season due to commitments.

Seems I dodged a bullet, gutted for Ollie.

Palace team need dismantled before they get too good 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Some of the negative comments is laughable. Should we really have risked Emi, Bailey and Pau on a completely meaningless game 

• Like 2

Horrible end to a breathtaking season.

I'll celebrate the fact that majority of those hopeless players won't get anywhere near our CL squad.

New era for Villa, onwards and upwards, and it begins by offloading some donkeys. 

• Like 1

Well, very glad I didn't end up sitting with the palace fans as had been thinking about. Only really disappointed for ollie not to get the 20th goal. 

Incredible season. Well earned rest for the squad after a mammoth effort. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Everyone at the club should be ashamed with that. Doesn’t set us up nicely for the next campaign at all. 

We should retract our Champions League invitation amd give it to United

• Haha 4

It's been our best season for over a quarter of a century so we should gloss over today's dead rubber.

It was slightly odd Emery said that we should look towards competing for the title long term.

Unless we find ways around FFP or our first teamers don't get injured for 9 months that it is basically an impossibility, unless the top 3 drop down in quality in the coming years like the Leceister season.

Anyway what a year. Enjoy the summer and see you all in August.

25 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I know the game isn’t very important and that half the players are probably on the piss but I imagine Unai will be seething because of this performance. 

You imagine wrong. Very wrong.

Meaningless game for a team on its last legs that fell over the line. The over reaction on here is laughable. 

• Like 4

Disappointing for sure and if the ref hadn't bottled the Anderson handball things might have been different but in the end the last drop of fuel ran out at the start of the second half.

Happy to pretend this game never happened and move on to thinking about next season.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

It's been our best season for over a quarter of a century so we should gloss over today's dead rubber.

It was slightly odd Emery said that we should look towards competing for the title long term.

Unless we find ways around FFP or our first teamers don't get injured for 9 months that it is basically an impossibility, unless the top 3 drop down in quality in the coming years like the Leceister season.

Anyway what a year. Enjoy the summer and see you all in August.

He said it was a dream and it was important to have dreams but we weren’t contenders.

Anyone else who watched the player awards on Wednesday night  who didnt celebrate and cheer and go crazy, but instead was absolutely disgusted by the unprofessionalism shown by the manager and the players drinking and celebrating getting 4th place when there was one more game to go ? 

Anyone ? ... didn't think so....

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

What's odd about it? When he took over we were headed for relegation and he was talking about European qualification. Dream big.

Â