Conor Gallagher

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We will sign all the pretty boys

I’ll get my boots ready for the phone call then….😂

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Chelsea fans arent happy with selling him. Always a good sign.

Seeing as Duran is a bench player and Gallagher is their captain I'd say we improve more than Chelsea do so it's an ok deal

Would rather keep Duran though

In selling luiz to buy Gallagher...not a **** chance, the team that buys luiz would be improving more than us, say he goes to utd for £60m and we , utd improve more than we do, we don't want that, I'd go as far as to say that's a disaster 

As always the whole concept of just selling luiz or just selling Ramsey etc I don't think people look at who we would be selling to and how it would improve them

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

As a side, us selling say Ramsey to tick the box while buying Gallagher who Chelsea have to sell to tick the box is completely **** stupid 

I don’t want to sell Ramsey but the concept of both selling a pure profit player at an inflated price from both sides to get slightly around PSR is a very good idea.  

Let’s say Duran is worth £30m and we agree to sell at £50m to them, and Gallagher is £50m but they sell for £70m to us…it gives more PSR room now.  Net effect zero in fees and the PSR committee can’t argue on the prices.

Genius.

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

As I just said I don’t think he’s a *bad* player and he is certainly good in the press (a willing runner, as I’ve said several times). Equally, a couple of days before/after that game, our midfield was dominated even more effectively by Vicente Iborra and Santiago Hezze, and I just had to look those names up because I’ve never heard of them despite watching them make fools of us over 180 minutes.

He's not just 'good' in the press, he's very probably the best player in the whole division at leading a press and winning the ball back in the opposition's defensive third. 

I don't think I've ever seen a sillier comparison than another poster comparing him to Dendoncker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I don’t want to sell Ramsey but the concept of both selling a pure profit player at an inflated price from both sides to get slightly around PSR is a very good idea.  

Let’s say Duran is worth £30m and we agree to sell at £50m to them, and Gallagher is £50m but they sell for £70m to us…it gives more PSR room now.  Net effect zero in fees and the PSR committee can’t argue on the prices.

Genius.

Duran is one thing, I meant more clubs selling academy players because they don't meet the financial rules and they want to go out and buy more players 

Feels like the opposite of what should be happening 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Duran is one thing, I meant more clubs selling academy players because they don't meet the financial rules and they want to go out and buy more players 

Feels like the opposite of what should be happening 

Completely agree with that

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Gallagher‘s agent is really really good. Getting this non-story placed now is perfect. Must have pretty solid media contacts. Colour me impressed. Villa are going to continue to be the perfect negotiating reference point this summer. Every almost elite player on the market and his mother are going to be “seriously” thinking about coming to Villa. 😂😉

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's not just 'good' in the press, he's very probably the best player in the whole division at leading a press and winning the ball back in the opposition's defensive third. 

I don't think I've ever seen a sillier comparison than another poster comparing him to Dendoncker. 

Interesting when you think we are (or were when I last looked) the lowest-pressing team in the league (which I assume is intentional from Emery, but maybe he’d approach that differently with different players etc)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Interesting when you think we are (or were when I last looked) the lowest-pressing team in the league (which I assume is intentional from Emery, but maybe he’d approach that differently with different players etc)

Yes, exactly - it's very much not how we play, or how we have played anyway, but if this transfer were to happen, I think you'd have to assume we'd be changing style. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

This is an absolutely wild take from someone who has, I assume, watched football at some point!

Personal opinion.  We need more bite in our midfield. Think Tielemans did a good job alongside McGinnn and Luiz struggles without Kamara. If we have to cash in on someone to meet ffp regulations then Luiz might be the one.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Personal opinion.  We need more bite in our midfield. Think Tielemans did a good job alongside McGinnn and Luiz struggles without Kamara. If we have to cash in on someone to meet ffp regulations then Luiz might be the one.

But to who?

Which team in the PL is realistically buying luiz ? And it will be the PL with the fee we would want

And then with that in mind which one of our rivals would be getting better with luiz?

Selling luiz is blinkered to us, he would make our rivals better, no way we sell him to them 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If we only get him by selling someone like Ramsey or Luiz, I'd rather we didn't buy anyone.

If I were Ramsey reading this board over the past season I'd realise most couldn't give a toss about the " one of our own " or " loyalty " they sing about in the slightest and be willing to piss off if I'm honest 

It's really wound me up, every other post I see in transfer threads is talking about selling him,. unprompted.

Not just the " loyalty " either, he's a damn good.young player at his best who hasn't even fulfilled his potential yet and a bonus that he IS " one of our own ".

I don't get it 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I think he's a very good player. Good defensively and in attack.

Please stop with these shit swap / selling Duran and JJ stories though. We're not.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Please stop with these shit swap / selling Duran and JJ stories though. We're not.

tbh i dont think we can afford to sell Ramsey from an English quota from the CL perspective.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Well Emery himself said we have very little to spend, because of these bullshit rules. So it's not a massive leap to think someone will have to go, sadly and as ridiculous as it is given where we are now.

I just don’t see us offering him enough game time. Sure he would be an addition to the squad - but Emi/Bouba will have something to say about minutes on the pitch 

Â