Conor Gallagher

I like Gallagher he seems to have matured as a more rounded player this year. 

But can't see how we can afford him or who he replaces. 

A healthy Jacob Ramsey is twice the player. With Rogers emergence, this has to be purely paper talk. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

A healthy Jacob Ramsey is twice the player. With Rogers emergence, this has to be purely paper talk. 

Doesn't Gallagher play CM?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

The squad has more pressing needs surely, feel like younger version of McGin, except McGinn is in his peak still. Gallagher may be better player but not enough to justify it. 

In fairness, in a roundabout way you've actually justified why it may make sense.

Imagine a game where you have BOTH in your midfield, or Gallagher to replace McGinn when he's injured or suspended, out of form or vice versa.

We'll be playing alot of high quality and high intensity games.

He could also be heir apparent.

Edit: As @Tom13 alluded to... If anything someone like Gallagher would be more likely to replace Luiz than JJ.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Ramsey and Rogers don’t play in the same position as Gallagher.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt pay more than 20 million for him, has skills but seems limited on the ball. Not a good fit for us

Does this not fall into the, “if Unai wants him and Monchi can get him for the right price” type of question. I’m happy to read people’s opinions on here but ultimately I bow to those gentlemen who run the club these days. And have been appointed by Nas and Wes to do just that. They’ve certainly earned the right!

Haven't watched much of him apart from when he's played against us and I have to say I was impressed,  great work rate and get his foot in, reckon he would replace Kamara and definitely strengthen our squad..........his wage probably excludes us from getting him tbh 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Haven't watched much of him apart from when he's played against us and I have to say I was impressed,  great work rate and get his foot in, reckon he would replace Kamara and definitely strengthen our squad..........his wage probably excludes us from getting him tbh 

He’s on about 70k a week at Chelsea. One of their lowest paid players, hence he won’t sign a deal (I believe).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As someone else alluded to, could be a very interesting if we do want Gallagher and they want Duran. There is some mad deal to be done there around FFP. 

Exactly, we both "overpay" for each player and it's a way of solving FFP for us this season. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As someone else alluded to, could be a very interesting if we do want Gallagher and they want Duran. There is some mad deal to be done there around FFP. 

A dreadful deal for Villa considering one has world class potential and the other be a Dendoncker replacement

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I rate Conor. I don’t know if he would leave London though. 

I really rate him, I wanted us to sign him a few years ago. 

Â