Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)

Maybe it would have been different if we didn't have so many injuries. But with the players we had over 2 legs we didn't deserve anything.

Let's not **** up 4th spot otherwise that will be a real kick on the teeth.

Edited by Made In Aston

Just looking at the minutes/games played and injury list compared to Olympiacos’. Crazy disparity between the two. Not to use that as the sole reason why we lost but you can’t tell me that doesn’t have a major impact on the team performance. Can’t get lucky and scrap by on all of them.

olympiacos werent shit, their manager cooked us 

cash needs to do something when he gets it out wide in acres, he's too predictable, its not him its the instructions

think it was telling that tonight was our 12th game in the EL, it was also coincidently the 12th game of any type of european football for mcginn, ollie, luiz, konsa...at least emi has 18 european nights to his name...we just dont have that experience as a squad, its been a good competition, im gutted we didnt win it but im not pissed off, we had no god given right to it, hopefully the fans had a good night out

• Like 2

A few takeaways:

Cash isn’t good enough at this level. He will get killed at CL. 

Diaby’s confidence is shot. He needs a big pre season to get back on track. 

Konsa just isn’t good enough to start at CB or RB. 

Luiz and McGinn in midfield isn’t enough. They need a good DM to cover them and do the dirty work. 

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We had to score goals today and we played Cash RW. Subs should have been made at HT. 

I’m sorry but come on ? Cash has played there before right ? He is not a stranger to the role.

And what subs could realistically have been made? Whilst we enjoy the maverick who is Duran - he is still very wet behind the ears.

Look for whatever reason - they had our number of these two legs.

I don’t believe they are a better team than us and given the opportunity to go against them - I believe we would overcome them next time.

But I give them credit and wish them well.

Hopefully this defeat will put the fire back in our bellies and allow us to claim the 4th spot that we fully deserve.

Given our injuries - just to be having this conversation is truly remarkable imo.

The guy is truly a footballing genius and we should pay him full homage for what he is doing.

Big Ron has always been my favourite manager, and yes I saw 81/82 - but Unai is surpassing Big Ron in almost every aspect.

Whisper this - We’re so lucky he’s ours !

• Like 3

Olympiakos played very well over both legs, we looked jaded. Great for the kids to get some play ( abroad - in a European semi!! Incredible experience). Been fun all the way to 1/4 final, these 2 legs not so much. Be good for them to win the comp 

• Like 1

They ain't even a decent side. 

If Fiorentina get at them, like we didn't, they will win the final at a canter. 

Over the 2 legs, I thought we were pathetic. Several players have been utterly useless. For a semi-final, you'd be hard pushed to see a weaker, slower, lacklustre display. 

Yes, it's been a long season but these players need to get used to that if we have ambitions of being top 4 and getting into Europe every year. 

Squad needs plenty of work over the summer. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I feel less bad for Luiz on the penalty after tonight. They deserved to win but I am totally gutted, this was a great chance to win a trophy for the first time in nearly 30 years. 

I thought our name was on the cup after Lille but not to be. It was nice to dream but with Villa that is what is, a dream.

The lads are knackered, we have run out of steam.

Kamara was a big blow and Tielmans has basically finished us off. We are not functioning properly anymore.

Booked my flight to Athens anwyay, I hope Olympiaos go and win it. It is going to be a bit lively.

Edited by The Fun Factory

i dont think its that he played cash at RW, the 3 at the back and using digne / cash to stretch the field looked alright, its more that diaby and bailey pushed up didnt make us more attacking and more importantly that cash again was seemingly under instruction not to whip it in, digne crosses, cash doesn't, its so apparent that it cant be cash making that decision and its shit, he has to cross in that much space

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

eh what?

He’s fallen off a cliff in the last few months. At fault twice for their second goal tonight. 

Â