Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Nobodies delighted ffs. But you are undoubtedly on your own little witch hunt, which is becoming very boring. It's like you've ignored what the players have accomplished over the course of the season to just bitch. I thought you was better than that, but here we are.

You know where the ignore button is 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Set pieces ain't why we are losing... Or lost the other either.

Our set pieces have been awful for a while now. Pointless having a free kick may as well hand the ball back to the opposition.

Ultimately the players are blowing out their a$$ and we are down to the bare bones. 

Posted (edited)

The frustrating thing is that if felt like we rested players in the 1st leg to give ourselves a better chance against Brighton, which backfired hugely, and now we’re chasing the game and running the main players ragged, which will not help them get ready for the Liverpool game.

EDIT - I say players, I pretty much mean Torres, but his influence is immense.

Edited by jacketspuds

30 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Fatigue, injuries and a lack of squad depth is what happened. Have you seen the bench today? Bailey has been playing with a knee strap for weeks.

Yes but it just makes you want the season to end. We’re stumbling through games and you just can’t get excited about watching us because we’re offering nothing. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I envy their injury list too. If only we had just 2 injuries.

Exactly. Just too much went against us. Exhausted team with zero options and a tough schedule. It's just more games then we can handle sadly.

Posted (edited)
Just now, jacketspuds said:

The frustrating thing is that if felt like we rested players in the 1st leg to give ourselves a better chance against Brighton, which backfired hugely, and now we’re chasing the game and running the main players ragged, which will not help them get ready for the Liverpool game.

We took the first leg at 70% to save ourselves for Brighton which went wrong so then we took Brighton at 70% to save ourselves for today and that also went wrong. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Iroegbunam coming on when we desperately need a goal.

Strange one, that.

Needed more control in the middle as well

Just now, LondonVillian said:

have you seen our bench

I have yes. Pretty much all kids. 2 of them sitting there are offensive players though. And Tim Iroegbunam is not.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He's a kid, give him a break

Tshibola was a kid and was called a lot worse.

Seen nothing to suggest he's good enough.