Weekends Football 3/5 May

32 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Why is that then? Because it would help out Watkins who is bad at them? 

You can always award him your own golden boot where only certain goals count if you like 😁

I think in some countries if players are level for the Golden Boot they take away the penalties

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Why is that then? Because it would help out Watkins who is bad at them? 

You can always award him your own golden boot where only certain goals count if you like 😁

Just think it's a fairer system all round tbh. An extreme example, 'arry "the diver" kane's penalties that he continually cheats to win by being "clever", I don't consider them as worthy of a player scoring in open play ( and I don't care who the player is). Yes he still has to score from the spot but it's a free hit.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Just think it's a fairer system all round tbh. An extreme example, 'arry "the diver" kane's penalties that he continually cheats to win by being "clever", I don't consider them as worthy of a player scoring in open play ( and I don't care who the player is). Yes he still has to score from the spot but it's a free hit.

If Watkins was better at penalties he would be taking ours and then no one would be wanting to remove penalties from the equation.

Maybe it’s something he can work on to become an even more complete striker as it would put him in a stronger position for the golden boot. 

Changing the award to better suit the deficiencies of our striker seems the wrong way around to me. Better to change our striker’s abilities to better meet the requirements of the award. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

I don't care about The Golden Boot I do about breaking 20 league goals in a season.  Needs 1 more in 3 games that record has stood since 1981.

Also needs beat Gabbys Aston Villa Premier League top scorer record. Needs another 16 for that.

Had a great season regardless of anything else and he will be busting a gut for the team regardless of personal glory.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I don't care about The Golden Boot I do about breaking 20 league goals in a season.  Needs 1 more in 3 games that record has stood since 1981.

Also needs beat Gabbys Aston Villa Premier League top scorer record. Needs another 16 for that.

Had a great season regardless of anything else and he will be busting a gut for the team regardless of personal glory.

Same I'm not worried about him out scoring a "£60m" striker who gets paid £500k a week to score goals for a £2bn team cheating their way to another PL title

I'm worried about him breaking the villa 20 goal hoodoo, firing us to 4th, getting gabbys record (next year) and making the euros 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, a-k said:

Chelsea 5-0 😶

With them sorting themselves out and Newcastle likely to be more competitive, the top 4 race is going to be incredibly tough next season.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

With them sorting themselves out and Newcastle likely to be more competitive, the top 4 race is going to be incredibly tough next season.

Easy when the pressure is off. I have a feeling they'll crumble in a hard fight for top 4

Â