Weekends Football 3/5 May

Havertz is sliding his foot along the ground trying desperately to find the keepers leg - it's never a penalty - if it's a foul, it's committed by Havertz.

That said, the challenge on Saka earlier might well have been red, so at least they're consistent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yes, for me, clear dive. not even a debate. and it's unsurprising that the media don't call this shit out.

But it's not a dive, is it?  He's deliberately left his leg there but he hasn't dived.

It's not a foul for me, mind.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Havertz is sliding his foot along the ground trying desperately to find the keepers leg - it's never a penalty - if it's a foul, it's committed by Havertz.

That said, the challenge on Saka earlier might well have been red, so at least they're consistent.

Harry Kane special.

• Like 1

Havertz intentionally manufactured contact with the goalkeeper in an unnatural manner, with the aim of getting a penalty.

VAR should take a harder look at this instead of microscopic offside decisions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Are VAR f**** idiots. Everyone can see this is not a foul. It's a blatent dive, you do not drag your feet like that when running. I know it's not curruption, but people wonder why fans scream it. Referees in VAR can't really be this bad surely.

Had to be that useless pussy Coote too didn't it

Another piss off is, he most probably could have gone on and scored anyway. Arteta should be having a fit at that cheating, but I bet he teaches it.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But it's not a dive, is it?  He's deliberately left his leg there but he hasn't dived.

It's not a foul for me, mind.

It’s this type of nonsense that annoys normal supporters. If Havertz punched the keeper in the face and went down holding his hand would you say it’s not a dive because there was clearly contact? 

The rule should be who instigated the contact. Maybe a dive is the wrong terminology, simulation is better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

It’s this type of nonsense that annoys normal supporters. If Havertz punched the keeper in the face and went down holding his hand would you say it’s not a dive because there was clearly contact? 

The rule should be who instigated the contact. Maybe a dive is the wrong terminology, simulation is better. 

It's the sort of thing Grealish did for his entire Villa career and we never had a problem with it.

(Granted, I don't think he won many penalties - more just loads of free kicks).

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What on earth happened to yellow cards for simulation? Feels like it’s been ages since I’ve seen the last one.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

VAR keeping the title fight alive

Again, I'm only on radio... but, unlike the penalty, everyone thought that should be a goal.

It wasn't VAR keeping the title fight alive, though, the ref gave a foul on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Three big decisions in the Arsenal game and pretty clear the ref got them all wrong - what's worse is that we then have an independent group of referees and they've all got the wrong too. Refereeing in this country isn't fit for purpose - we really should be farming our VAR out to someone else.

Makes it all the more amazing we still have a shot at 4th place.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Should be a yellow with analysts and the manager giving him a bollocking for not having a go at an open goal

Â