Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, AVTuco said:

Will not be watching the reverse fixture. It's no use, we're done. 100%.

Nah I'm in Spain and we always kick ass when I'm out the UK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Never

• Like 1

Not our worst performance of season  - we were worse against Chelsea at the weekend for one - but a v frustrating one, couldn't sustain momentum at got some real bad luck like the deflected 4th. Clearly missed Tielemans, Martinez, Pau, much lesss able to get control of games without them three. 

Ref got so many things wrong, little & large, just added to the frustration of it all.

Still wouldn't say no chance in the 2nd leg. We got chances there, and if we go in with positive mindset and get a lead, it's game on. Genuine chance to seal Champions League qualification at weekend now.

Tie isn't over yet. If we can get Pau and Emi back for the next leg then we can still get to the final.

Not sure why Pau wasn't playing but if he's not injured it was an odd choice to disrupt the back 5 even more so than just Emi being out. 

I actually thought they were a pretty decent team, especially tactically. Didn't let us play out from the back and crowded out the midfield on the few chances we did. We got done tonight. It happens. 

• Like 2

From that hospital pass in the opening minutes to the pen he gave away and missed, Dougies had a nightmare there; at least he apologised to the crowd but he was way off it again tonight.

A lot to do in Greece, but not insurmountable. They will give up plenty of chances, but so will we unfortunately. Really missing Kamara and Tielemans for these games.

Just now, Caddy said:

Can we please not blame the ref FFS

He was bad but we were even more shit, stop making excuses. It's not an indictment of the squad, injuries and fatigue are taking their toll... but we laid an egg today. It happens

He had a hand in it. But it wasn't his fault our defenders can't defend. Also not his fault that Dougie seems to have taken it upon himself to play like crap.

We'd have still lost that with a great ref.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think it's well within us to beat them next week. You just couldn't legislate for their last two goals. 

As a wise man once said..

It ain't over, 'til it's over

Poor. Goalkeeper who doesn't inspire confidence. Central defenders indecisive. Im told  by some self appointed expert that Konza is our player of the season. Douglas has other things on his mind. Our wide players provided some hope. Well done Cash, you showed some spirit and drive.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just blame Olsen for the midfield and defense giving the ball away in the box repeatedly, a deflected own goal, missing a penalty, wrongly ruled out goals and referee decisions to make it easier 👍🏾💪🏾

How can you defend a player, who is supposed to be a goalkeeper, yet everything on target at him goes in. 

He's useless and has cost us tonight big time. 

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Actually thought Olsen was okay overall. Obviously Martinez would have been better, but I don't think you'd expect the keeper to save any of their goals - a penalty, a big deflection and two defensive disasters.

I honestly think Dibu would've saved all 4 shots. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't give a **** if anyone likes it or not, well played Olympiacos.

Spare me, FFS.

• Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just blame Olsen for the midfield and defense giving the ball away in the box repeatedly, a deflected own goal, missing a penalty, wrongly ruled out goals and referee decisions to make it easier 👍🏾💪🏾

First goal was goes past olsens hand by about an inch - Emi saves it. 

Second goal rolls unde olsens body

The deflected goal went in because olsen didnt have a strong enough hand. 

He's a huge part of why we lost. 

Brighton will score st least twice if olsen plays

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

From that hospital pass in the opening minutes to the pen he gave away and missed, Dougies had a nightmare there; at least he apologised to the crowd but he was way off it again tonight.

A lot to do in Greece, but not insurmountable. They will give up plenty of chances, but so will we unfortunately. Really missing Kamara and Tielemans for these games.

The problem is with that hostile crowd and probably another weak as piss ref we'll get nothing.

They'll win it for them.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Didn't you say top 4 was gone?

I'm putting a tenner on a  Villa win. 😂

Â