Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

Just now, jim said:

Weight on his opposite leg did well to get anything on it.

But he did. And a hand on it, should save it.

Can’t believe we have gone all the way to the last four and served up this.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

4 shots on target. 4 shots scored. He's not been that bad :trollface:

I'd rather play 11 outfield players.

McGinn as rush back goalie

• Haha 1

We are poor at Villa Park these days. It's been a bizzare game. If we get it to a goal down we have a chance.

Villa Park = buckets of goals conceded in 2024

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

What would have been easier, would have been someone actually closing an opponent down

I swear I'm going to have to make a compilation of the goals Emi has conceded.

It appears that when Olsen is in goal the other 10 players in front of him have no responsibility no matter what they do.

He should also morph into one of those Shaolin soccer type keepers or everything is his fault.

Just now, osmark86 said:

last I recall he was pretty damn pivotal in a certain penalty shootout?

How many goals did we get for the shushing the fans, the time wasting and the dancing to the fans? 

I think even if Olsen isn't entirely responsible for the goals the difference is Emi gives the defence far more confidence. With Olsen in we look weak as piss. 

Worst thing is this really is a game we should be winning because they're levels below Lille. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right player, but for Rogers? 🤔

I think on the second half it's fair, he's shrunk a bit, Bailey and Diaby been better. Shame though as Rogers was our best player in the first half imo.

Would've been tempted to push him into midfield and keep.him on. But out of the three attackers, think it's probably right Rogers was pulled

Just now, Genie said:

How many goals did we get for the shushing the fans, the time wasting and the dancing to the fans? 

It threw off their players. He did a great job to win us that game in a high pressure situation. Come on man.